'19 TN DT Elijah Simmons (Tennessee signee)

But that's my point now is the time to get the higher rated players than with time it continues instead of getting lower rated players and become mediocre. At 3-4 years of mediocre do you truly believe recruits would be 'running' at this program? No they would be scared away of a stalling program with they same head coach. Sometimes change is good and now is the time to capitalize.

Hey, remind me of our record the past two years? Stars do and don't matter. He might not be game ready come September but 2 or 3 years down the road could be an important part of the defense at NT.

8341298.jpg

BIG (and I mean BIG) get for Pruitt (Recruited by Terry Fair/Tracy Rocker) and the Vols today, 2019 Defensive Tackle Elijah Simmons (247 / Rivals) from Pearl-Cohn in Nashville, TN. He is listed at 6'2'' | 350 LBS.

Here's his thread in the Recruiting Forum: '19 TN DT Elijah Simmons (UT commit 7/16/18)

He is a 3-star on both 247 and Rivals. Per Rivals, he is the 33rd rated DT.

Offer List
Chattanooga, Memphis, Missouri, Southern, TSU, UT-Martin

This boosts us to 18th in the 2019 rankings.

Perfect size to hold his doubles and be a good nt

Reactions: Chilmonty
He can move to be that big. He will only get faster when they get him in SEC shape.

We can sure hold our own recruiting against UTC. Excellent!

In all seriousness though, that’s a big guy. We need some big guys.

Reactions: james_govols
Yes and our fans drool over each one.

In b4 the coaches know more than we do and he'll get a bump
Haha yep, then in a couple of years they will be telling us how dumb we are expecting better results when we don’t have any talent on the team!!

Ah, mostly everyone looks good in highlight films. An offer list speaks volumes. Maybe he just hasn't been discovered, but we see responses like yours every year. And you know what? It's old, I just want to win and it's hard to do without bluechip recruits.
Yeah I love the “ I think the coaches know more than you” response... how about all the local, elite colleges that didn’t recruit the guy? Do they also not know as much as our coaches? Some people are just so damn desperate to spew sunshine... I really hope the guy does great and is a diamond in the rough, but I’m not going to act like we just landed a prize when Missouri was his only other decent offer.

NT or guard on offense, he's a big guy that has mobility. 🌟 Rating isn't a big concern for me, film tells you what you really need to know. He's got a mean streak it looks like, with a high motor.

I don't care how many stars he has I trust Tracy rocker who will Coach him up!! Tracy rocker was a beast at Auburn

Good size but I wish it were Alabama and Ohio State we were beating out for him
I understand, At the same time, I think this staff can develop players, so I'm not all that worried about it. In my mind, a 3 star that Pruitt and company get, equals Butch getting a 5 start and underdevelopment. We need some big bodies next year that can hold their own. Looks like this kid has a lot of upside potential.

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol

VN Store

Back