'20 TN DL Tre'vonn Rybka (UK commit)

Recruits love Rocker. He's sound fundamentally and gets the most out of his players through tough love. Players respect his ways and want to play for him. Current players love him. Butch wanted him here and I believe he stays. Our DL will make a jump this year.

Recruits love Rocker. He's sound fundamentally and gets the most out of his players through tough love. Players respect his ways and want to play for him. Current players love him. Butch wanted him here and I believe he stays. Our DL will make a jump this year.
And after he signs Baron, Ox, Thomas, Hardy and whoever else the same people hoping he leaves will be freaking out that we might lose him.

if he's a good coach and gets most out of his players, we may not need him to be the best recruiter. just win.

CJP goes on familiararity and coaching ability as well as personality when he put the staff together. Coaches he's worked with in the past and knows that they can coach. Coaches that know their stuff but can also recruit at a high level.

Reactions: T Dog
Also, VN is it possible Catbone is right about our Dline coach?

I live in Atlanta, so I hear more about Georgia football than I care to hear. The common take on Rocker that I've always heard is that he's a great coach, but a mediocre recruiter. I don't know if it's a fair assessment or not, but it's been frequently said.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jackcrevol
With offers from Bama, UGa, OU, and LSU which all have good DL's he's making a decision between us and KY. Ok, I'll entertain then.

UK is making him top priority, and it's more competitive at UT. UT has a lot of guys on the board and good chances at guys higher up.

Been wondering myself if how recruiting has been trending if he has went down the board some. Ky stuff doesn’t make sense otherwise.

For those of you who follow recruiting more closely than i, can you please give a brief synopsis on d line recruiting in this class?

Specifically, what kind of numbers are we looking at, and with the presumed loss of Rybka, Justin Rogers, Jordan Davis are we in good enough shape elsewhere to not have too great a drop off?

Obviously, it looks like restocking the d line and qb rooms are priority 1a and 1b. From my viewpoint we need 5-6 high impact guys in this class. Assuming we get Baron, Bailey, Hardy. How does it shake out with the rest of the board, and who is at the top of the board?

And, clearly, it is a long way to go til December and a nice season may still bring Rybka and others our way. But let's just say he's not coming for now.

For those of you who follow recruiting more closely than i, can you please give a brief synopsis on d line recruiting in this class?

Specifically, what kind of numbers are we looking at, and with the presumed loss of Rybka, Justin Rogers, Jordan Davis are we in good enough shape elsewhere to not have too great a drop off?

Obviously, it looks like restocking the d line and qb rooms are priority 1a and 1b. From my viewpoint we need 5-6 high impact guys in this class. Assuming we get Baron, Bailey, Hardy. How does it shake out with the rest of the board, and who is at the top of the board?

And, clearly, it is a long way to go til December and a nice season may still bring Rybka and others our way. But let's just say he's not coming for now.

His Twitter page doesn't exactly scream UK. If anything, many breadcrumbs are UT breadcrumbs. Not trying to give false hope, just observing.

Who we gonna replace him with? Freedie Roach from Ole Miss? Scott from UGa? Turner from UF? Offer Salave'a from Oregon 750k? Maybe get Bates from Clemson? Not gonna happen. Rocker is a good fit for our staff and team.
I agree and I think Rocker stays. That said with Auburn’s staff looking like it will be blown up at the end of the season, do we make a run at getting Garner on staff?

Who we gonna replace him with? Freedie Roach from Ole Miss? Scott from UGa? Turner from UF? Offer Salave'a from Oregon 750k? Maybe get Bates from Clemson? Not gonna happen. Rocker is a good fit for our staff and team.
Put me down for Dunbar or Tosh

Damn. AP says he’s leaning Kentucky right now if he had to pick today
I heard that too and it seemed like he insinuated that Rybka had people pushing him toward UK. I know it's been mentioned in the Justin Rogers thread as well, but if UK has a losing record, I'd imagine a lot of their top prospects look around regardless of what the people pushing them are saying.

Reactions: Brillovol

VN Store

Back