'25 TN DL Ethan Utley (Tennessee commit)

Once things open back up later this month, Tennessee will quickly get on the road to see Ethan Utley play basketball. The top-50 defender cut his list recently and the Vols are sitting in a good spot here, as he has continued to build on his bond with Josh Heupel and Rodney Garner.
Michigan is another program making him feel important, and the Wolverines are working to get him to campus early and often. Not a lot has changed in terms of a timeline for him, as we still expect a late summer decision once he has completed his official visits.
-VQ

Ensworth defensive lineman Ethan Utley returns to town this weekend as Tennessee looks to be a strong force in his recruitment. Rodney Garner has been a fixture in middle Tennessee to see him play basketball and to continue building a bond with him. We have documented that Utley’s mom and Coach G have known each other for a long time.
-VQ

The four-star Class of 2025 defensive lineman from Ensworth School in Nashville, Tenn., returned to Knoxville on Saturday, visiting the Vols for the fourth time in a little more than six months to attend their first junior day of the year. They again made a strong impression on him, and after naming a top five that included Tennessee on Dec. 25, he said the Vols remain one of his top choices.
“It was just chill, really,” said Utley, who’s ranked the No. 113 overall prospect and No. 11 defensive lineman in the 2025 class and the No. 4 junior from the state of Tennessee, according to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite. “It wasn’t too much football, really. I really didn’t talk any kind of football.
“It was just kind of me chopping it up with Coach Heupel, spending time with friends and then spending time with Coach G, obviously. … I spent time with some players on the team, so that was fun. It’s always fun to hang out with them.
“It was really just, like, time for me to just vibe, get more familiar with Knoxville and whatnot.”
“They were just letting me know that I’m really a priority and ‘25 is the main focus now. After landing G-Mac, they’ve got their quarterback,” Utley said, referring to five-star Vols quarterback commitment George MacIntyre of Brentwood (Tenn.) Academy.
“They’re still looking for a head of their defensive class. They just preached to me, being an in-state kid, I’m the perfect fit they want and just knowing that, when I come in, Coach G will be letting go of, I think he told me eight guys will be leaving once I become a freshman. So, obviously, to be able to step on the field and make an impact immediately is up for grabs, just like most schools will say.”
“He’s not planning on keeping me at Tennessee for long,” Utley said of Garner. “He sees me as being, like, a three-year guy, if I push myself to the limit to be developed the way that I need to be, and he knows that the harder he coaches me, the more productive (play) he’ll get out of me. Not saying I need it, but he just knows that I’m one of those players that can be pushed to the limit, and I’ll respond how I need to respond.
callahan

VN Store

Back