'25 TN DL Ethan Utley (Tennessee commit)

Ethan Utley is one that continues to build a strong relationship with Tennessee. He is getting more comfortable with the staff each time he is on campus, and he already has a great rapport with commits in the 2024 and 2025 class, especially Dylan Lewis. The Vols have positioned themselves into a nice spot in this recruitment coming out of the fall, in our opinion.
-VQ

Really need to land the top 10-12 kids instate. Can fill a lot of positions of need.
With the state growing so much, we’re getting to the point where you could reasonably build the core of the roster from in-state kids. Never going to approach a majority, most likely, but a solid foundation.

With the state growing so much, we’re getting to the point where you could reasonably build the core of the roster from in-state kids. Never going to approach a majority, most likely, but a solid foundation.
Middle Tennessee should be the primary recruiting target area, followed by the Atlanta area.

Maybe if you land every single 4* in state. There are only 8 4* or better in TN for ‘24 cycle. In ‘25, there are only 7 players rated 4* or better currently

Last edited:
“(It helps) knowing that and knowing that I’m forever comfortable with Coach G. No matter if I choose to go somewhere else or come here, I know Coach G will always look out for me, always check on me, make sure I’m doing all good and just things of that nature. Having that type figure and male in your life is one of those kind of things you just need. …

“Being able to see him, it’s a comfort feeling. Just coming back was more about a comfort thing — just getting more comfortable with the environment, the fans, being in the whole situation with just Tennessee football. Just building my comfort level, making great time here.”

“I mean, I got notifications on Instagram (that) they broke the decibel record,” Utley said. “It was, like, 137 (decibels) or something like that. That was crazy, and I don’t even remember what happened, because I guess it was that loud in there.

“I saw the play when they started blowing the whistle, and nobody could hear because the referee was blowing the whistle on the field. I was like, ‘That’s crazy.’ I’ve played in some loud games, but not being able to hear a whistle when it’s, like, right behind you, I feel like that’s crazy. That’s loud. … I’m jealous. Being able to play in an environment like that, I’m jealous.”

“All the Tennessee kids, obviously, we all know each other,” he said. “Just being able to spend time with them, just knowing that if I came here, I’d be with these people that I’ve known for so long, it’s a comfort level kind of thing. Going to college, you’re going to be, like, a freshman in a new city, new environment.

“Everything’s new — living by yourself. But knowing that you have a friend that’s as close as some people, knowing that you have a friend, someone that you trust already without having to build a new relationship, it’s one of those things I take note of. If I’m already comfortable, I don’t have to get comfortable, if that makes sense.

“So just having those friends and connecting with other people, it makes a decision elsewhere a little bit harder — because, like, why would I turn down going to play football with my friends in a place like Tennessee?

“I’ve known (Lewis) practically all my life. Boo Carter, Kaleb Beasley, I’ve known for, like, basically all my life. Edwin Spillman — just guys of that nature — and guys that are coming here that I compete against sometimes on Friday nights, but also just know on a best-friend-type level, just somebody I really trust like a brother. And just knowing those guys have put their all into Tennessee, just seeing it could possibly be me one day.”

“I might let time marinate before my official visits and then the summer before I wind down this recruiting thing,”

“I’ll have more time to think, and I might trim down my list again, just get a clearer thought. I’m thankful for all the schools that have recruited me up to this point, because I’m just, like, a little kid living a dream.”

From Rivals:

Tennessee could be tough to beat for the 2025 four-star defensive end from Nashville (Tenn.) Ensworth but Michigan definitely impressed Utley over the weekend. He was especially impressed by the “incredible” atmosphere and that the Wolverines have now beaten Ohio State three-straight times, he feels it’s their time to dominate the Big Ten. The Vols, Texas and Texas A&M are the others to watch.

From Rivals:

Tennessee could be tough to beat for the 2025 four-star defensive end from Nashville (Tenn.) Ensworth but Michigan definitely impressed Utley over the weekend. He was especially impressed by the “incredible” atmosphere and that the Wolverines have now beaten Ohio State three-straight times, he feels it’s their time to dominate the Big Ten. The Vols, Texas and Texas A&M are the others to watch.
Kid obviously likes us. Relationship is there. Would be fantastic to nail this one down before it gets too far down the road. Say what you will but having that big time commit early helps with the class.

From Rivals:

Wonder how dominate Michigan will be when Oregon, Washington, and the two LA schools join the Big 10.

they will beat the crap out if those teams still will be osu and michigan. Those others will battle with psu for 3rd to 10th
Respectfully disagree, both Wash and Oregon would've beaten both OSU and Michigan this season. Can't wait to see these guys actually have to navigate a difficult conference schedule.

By the time you factor in Indiana, Purdue, Rutgers and Maryland to the OOC schedule these guys are alleged world beaters with playing anyone with a pulse.

Respectfully disagree, both Wash and Oregon would've beaten both OSU and Michigan this season. Can't wait to see these guys actually have to navigate a difficult conference schedule.

By the time you factor in Indiana, Purdue, Rutgers and Maryland to the OOC schedule these guys are alleged world beaters with playing anyone with a pulse.
oregon maybe washingto no shot with that 4 ship defense they have

VN Store

Back