'20 TN DL Corbet Mims (Ark State Commit)

Is Volquest aware he is committing Monday? They make it sound like he is nowhere close on the podcast today.

Reactions: Waylon11
Is Volquest aware he is committing Monday? They make it sound like he is nowhere close on the podcast today.

The same Volquest that said Art Green was going to take more visits and not commit for a while, on a podcast recorded and released the same afternoon Art Green committed to UT?

That VQ?

Yancy Porter of Ole Missā€™s 247 page says he doesnā€™t think Ole Miss will take his commitment yet because they want him at OLB/DE, but they have never seen him play that due to him being a NG at Kirby. He is supposed to play DE/OLB this fall. He plans to commit on July 8th.

Is that correct? Have been unable to find where he has set a 7/8 commitment date. Wasn't this the young man that grew two inches since last year, but also shed about 25 pounds at the same time so he could concentrate on DE/OLB? When he was at camp they really liked the way he moved plus his wingspan

Is that correct? Have been unable to find where he has set a 7/8 commitment date. Wasn't this the young man that grew two inches since last year, but also shed about 25 pounds at the same time so he could concentrate on DE/OLB? When he was at camp they really liked the way he moved plus his wingspan
E403F3C1-8B62-484A-B767-A8A6B8C482DD.png

Reactions: BigorangeBoy
Just got off the phone with Mims. Extensive call and a really nice young man. He will decide on the 8th. I know 247 and rivals have both expressed he may need to be evaluated. I feel that he is a take at this point but that is just my feeling. I am working some folks I know right now to find out if that is the case. I personally do not see Tennessee passing at this point. I believe he has a chance to be this classā€™s Roman Harrison.

AP is saying nope on this one...

I am going with he is wrong here. Bet he commits to the good guys on the 8th. He has only visited UT and Ole Miss in months and the Ole Miss guys are Crystall Balling him to UT... Camped here 2 weeks ago. My guess is he got the green light after that camp.

I am going with he is wrong here. Bet he commits to the good guys on the 8th. He has only visited UT and Ole Miss in months and the Ole Miss guys are Crystall Balling him to UT... Camped here 2 weeks ago. My guess is he got the green light after that camp.
Is he saying he is not a take or that he's choosing OM?

Is he saying he is not a take or that he's choosing OM?
He didn't expand, reading between the lines I'd say Price is saying he is not a take (right now).

Facts:
- Named Ole Miss his leader in April.
- UT offers in May.
- Camps at UT in June.
- He tells VQ he isn't in a hurry to commit.
- No other visits.
- Two weeks later he schedules a commitment.
- Ole Miss guys start Crystal Balling him to UT.

Reading further between the lines (pure assumption here, and years of following recruiting). He told VQ he was in no hurry to commit and is going to take his time. Somewhere between then and now, Pruitt and Co. put the pressure on him to commit sooner rather than later, "boat is leaving the dock better get in while you can". He chose to get in the boat.

Last edited:

Probably right. Whatever info theyā€™re getting it comes slowly. AP maybe operating on old info.

Does AP and Simonton and crew get much of anything right these days? I donā€™t keep up with much of what they say, but sure seems like they are wrong a lot.

AP comes on radio in Nashville twice a week. He just seems salty toward the staff, but could be me reading into it.

Dang. Mitch says he would be stunned if Tennessee takes his commitment this early.
Ole Miss guys are thinking UT. I still think UT would take but he just called me again for the second time this evening and I believe Ole Miss is in the best spot. Strong relationship with coach Clark. Will have more on him tomorrow.

Mims a take right now?

No, I don't see it happening right now. Tennessee has some interest in Mims, but the Vols still are in very good shape with Tyler Baron and also are strong contenders for Reggie Grimes, BJ Ojulari and Deontae Craig, among others, and still in the mix for other edge rushers.

- Callahan

He didn't expand, reading between the lines I'd say Price is saying he is not a take (right now).

Facts:
- Named Ole Miss his leader in April.
- UT offers in May.
- Camps at UT in June.
- He tells VQ he isn't in a hurry to commit.
- No other visits.
- Two weeks later he schedules a commitment.
- Ole Miss guys start Crystal Balling him to UT.

Reading further between the lines (pure assumption here, and years of following recruiting). He told VQ he was in no hurry to commit and is going to take his time. Somewhere between then and now, Pruitt and Co. put the pressure on him to commit sooner rather than later, "boat is leaving the dock better get in while you can". He chose to get in the boat.

So is this kid related to Chris Mims?

Eh. I think heā€™s a Vol. My crystal ball(s) percentage is like 38 so take it with a grain of salt.

@VOLuptuousBOOMS sold me. Plus Price sandbagging because he donā€™t want to ruin the moment. You donā€™t turn away pass rushers. Barons gonna commit to us. Craig and Grimes are 50/50% at best. Ojulari is like that girl on Something About Mary who told Ben Stiller sheā€™d go to the prom with him unless someone cooler asked her. Weā€™re Ben Stiller in the scenario.

VN Store

Back