'24 TN DL Carson Gentle (Tennessee)

THIS right here is a VolNation first!! LOL

Congrats, you won the internet

Am I the only one who sees it? He's not a Will Anderson or Byron Young type, quick twitch DE who looks super athletic (not that he's lacking), but he's technical, uses his hands well, appears strong, and has more size for an Edge. Reminds me a lot of Barnett's high school film.

Am I the only one who sees it? He's not a Will Anderson or Byron Young type, quick twitch DE who looks super athletic (not that he's lacking), but he's technical, uses his hands well, appears strong, and has more size for an Edge. Reminds me a lot of Barnett's high school film.
No, I agree completely! It's just the VN way to find similarities in player based on race. For instance Sammy Brown is going to be the next Brian Bozworth.

Probably not going to be a popular comparison on this board (and probably not fair to compare a high school kid to college all-American), but hold your nose, ignore the color of the jerseys, and watch:

Reactions: LittleVol
Derek Barnett had amazing bend. Freakish bend.

Stats from McCallie's playoff win over Ensworth: 7 tackles, 2 TFLs, 1 Sack, 2 QBHs

Season: 53 tackles, 14 TFLs, 8 Sacks, 16 QBHs, 5 PDs, 1 INT, 2 FF, 1 FR, 1 Def. TD, TE- 8 Rec 125 Yds.

Those are some really good offensive play calls he’s busting up against some really good teams.

Reactions: TennacJed
Following his offseason - he is wrestling as a heavyweight/285 at McCallie. He is 13-0 and has wrestled in and won three tournaments: Lafayette Rambler Scrambler, McCallie Invitational Wrestling Tournament, and the Bradley Invitational Tournament.

That's impressive and only a junior.

VN Store

Back