'20 TN DE/LB Tyler Baron (UT SIGNEE)

amazing how if its anybody outside of UT then they are considered amazing coaches but if that was UT we would never hear the end of it.
You do know that was a blue font. I just get tired of stoops so good etc. yes he he has made Kentucky bowl eligible a few times and look how they got there.

I don’t like the fam comment. Even in being cordial if it was me I would not say the fam unless it meant something to those involved. Maybe reading too much into it but ......

Anybody here from Bucksnort, TN that can give us the skinny? We need this kid.
All I can add, and I Don't Know, is what I get from UK boards, articles, and podcasts. I said a while back that I don't think Baron will be a Vol. And based on what I can read and hear, I still don't. The UK talking heads feel really good about landing Baron. But I hope to here and beyond that that's wrong. We need him and more besides.

He received a visit Tuesday from Kentucky coach Mark Stoops and at least a couple of the Wildcats’ other coaches, and Kentucky still appears to be the Vols’ main competition for him, with his scheduled announcement now a little more than two weeks away. But sources close to his recruitment still believe Tennessee is in good shape with Baron.

- RC

Really wish this kid had jumped in and been a leader for this class instead of a clown on social media. Just don’t get the constant need for attention.

Everybody counted on it going like that, and it rubbed him the wrong way. He felt taken for granted by UT. Clearly, that wasn't the intent, but factor in the family dynamic and he felt the need to prove that he was going to handle his recruitment his way and make his own decision. It'll all play out.

Brandon of VR2 thinks Baron ultimately goes elsewhere because he doesn't fit the scheme.

I disagree. He adds a few pounds and he can easily play the 5 tech.

He might even be able to play the Darrell Taylor role.

Brandon of VR2 thinks Baron ultimately goes elsewhere because he doesn't fit the scheme.

He’s a bit of a tweener presently, but WAY LESS than Kivon Bennett and Jaquan Blakely were when Pruitt was hired!

Everybody counted on it going like that, and it rubbed him the wrong way. He felt taken for granted by UT. Clearly, that wasn't the intent, but factor in the family dynamic and he felt the need to prove that he was going to handle his recruitment his way and make his own decision. It'll all play out.

Sounds like a arrogant prick...still hope we get him though.😂

Reactions: VOLED
Stoops may be the most underrated coach in the country

For finding lower-rated players and developing them, I agree.

But as a game day coach I think he is extremely average. He makes some seriously bone-headed decisions way too often, and is so conservative with the ball that he makes Butch look like a riverboat gambler.

For finding lower-rated players and developing them, I agree.

But as a game day coach I think he is extremely average. He makes some seriously bone-headed decisions way too often, and is so conservative with the ball that he makes Butch look like a riverboat gambler.

If you get owned by Butch you suck.

Reactions: SugarCC

I generally like VR2 but let’s just say there’s a huge drop off between Matt Ray to Brandon. Huge.

You may not like VR2 but the fact is he has spoken directly to Baron and none of you have. Could be Baron playing it close, could be VR2 helping build suspense...or not. Bashing or taking shots at VR2 are a bit petty for him just stating his opinion.

VN Store

Back