'20 TN DE/LB Tyler Baron (UT SIGNEE)

I can see the change as well. It showed up the first half of the Georgia game. Then we played the first full game I've seen since Auburn last year against Mississippi St. I actually went to the Bama game hoping we wouldn't get masacred. They didn't quit. Pruitt called three time outs to ice the kicker that missed. They booed the first one, got pissed with the second, and became so irate with the 3rd that Pruitt had made a statement. That was actually the moment I bought in to Pruitt, after watching no clue Dooley, and over his head Butch. And now Bama knows what the future holds for them, because they went dead silent when the Oline beat the elephant **** out of their DLine midway through the 4th quarter. The South Carolina game was the loudest I've heard it since Oklahoma. I feel better about winning out for the first time since Dobbs was here. I am worried about injuries late in the year, but everyone has to deal with that. I hope next year they can come out of fall camp healthy. Not as bad this year as last, but Gooden and Bituli not there for the first two games hurt. Particularly Bituli. That kid looks like he is playing on another level this year.

Yes, and Josh Allen will be there spending time with him this weekend. UK is making an all-out push.
Look at how many defensive players Pruitt has put in the league. I understand it's not been at UT yet, but the man knows how to coach and develop. TN players will be going to the league SOON.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
Or not at all. Like what he’s done with the ST and ILB. If someone HAS to go? Wave Weinke bye bye and let Chaney take that on. Use that spot for Lupoi or promote Simon. That’s assuming Rumph doesn’t take another position that other schools continually offer him. Lot of good ideas.
lol wut?

You giving Sherrer credit for Cimaglia’s leg?
Maybe Callaway’s natural open field skill?
Bituli’s ability to run straight unblocked?

The punting? It’s gotta be the Punting!!!

The theory was that Baron was upset because everyone said he was a lock to TN because of his Dad working here. Well .. he should be happy now cause most VN posters now think he is going anywhere but TN.

BTW .. I still think he will be a Vol on signing day .. but don't tell Baron I said that.

The theory was that Baron was upset because everyone said he was a lock to TN because of his Dad working here. Well .. he should be happy now cause most VN posters now think he is going anywhere but TN.

BTW .. I still think he will be a Vol on signing day .. but don't tell Baron I said that.
I do tend to think that some of this is an orchastration to generate drama.

Which is fine. If he picks TN. Lol

lol wut?

You giving Sherrer credit for Cimaglia’s leg?
Maybe Callaway’s natural open field skill?
Bituli’s ability to run straight unblocked?

The punting? It’s gotta be the Punting!!!
He wasn’t automatic last year on Kelly’s watch. Better than previous seasons but not to this season’s level. If he was missing more than making, something tells me you’d find a way to include Sherrer in the narrative. 😉
Callaway’s “natural open field skill” had been dormant since his true freshman season. Put Sherrer’s name on the ST’s position group and his TD’s tripled as a punt returner. That doesn’t happen and you don’t mention it in passing? C’monnnn! 😉
When we’re blocking punts? SOMETHING is being coached correctly. We know what bad special teams performance looks like.

Punter wasn’t getting it done and the ST coach put in someone better...thanks coach.

Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL
Y’all making this way more complicated than it needs to be. Rocker is staying.. our DL is playing extremely well and he’s working with nothing. It wasn’t even his fault with Hardy, that was all Sherrer. Replace Sherrer with Tosh Lupoi, give him the Co-DC role, and then make Neidermeyer special teams coach on top of his raise.

He wasn’t automatic last year on Kelly’s watch. Better than previous seasons but not to this season’s level. If he was missing more than making, something tells me you’d find a way to include Sherrer in the narrative. 😉
Callaway’s “natural open field skill” had been dormant since his true freshman season. Put Sherrer’s name on the ST’s position group and his TD’s tripled as a punt returner. That doesn’t happen and you don’t mention it in passing? C’monnnn! 😉
When we’re blocking punts? SOMETHING is being coached correctly. We know what bad special teams performance looks like.

Punter wasn’t getting it done and the ST coach put in someone better...thanks coach.
Mehhhhh.....

If you wanna praise his work with the ILB I’m receptive. They’ve looked good, and more than just naturally athletic.

They seem to be in position, and know what they’re doing.

Mehhhhh.....

If you wanna praise his work with the ILB I’m receptive. They’ve looked good, and more than just naturally athletic.

They seem to be in position, and know what they’re doing.
You brought up the special teams part. Doesn’t look like I have to cover the other responsibilities he’s done well.

You brought up the special teams part. Doesn’t look like I have to cover the other responsibilities he’s done well.
I remain unimpressed with his supposed “work” with the ST. Was simply saying I see value with what he’s done with the ILB’s.

I remain unimpressed with his supposed “work” with the ST. Was simply saying I see value with what he’s done with the ILB’s.
And I think the ST have improved under his watch and those pesky stats back me up. Anything else on your mind?

There was someone in the Reggie Grimes thread insinuating that Baron is kinda like Grimes in that he looks better in camps than in actual games.

Anyone else seen him play who can confirm or deny that?

There was someone in the Reggie Grimes thread insinuating that Baron is kinda like Grimes in that he looks better in camps than in actual games.

Anyone else seen him play who can confirm or deny that?
I've watched him play on tv. The game I watched they ran away from him most of the game and he had, I believe, two sacks. He's a good player. Some Vol fans I think are preemptively applying the "we didn't want him anyway" in case he spurns us like Hardy did.

I've watched him play on tv. The game I watched they ran away from him most of the game and he had, I believe, two sacks. He's a good player. Some Vol fans I think are preemptively applying the "we didn't want him anyway" in case he spurns us like Hardy did.
Just depends on who they were playing
I remember TK looking like a 1st round pick at Webb, but didn't play anyone. He got to UT and did alright, but not what we figured he would do.

Just depends on who they were playing
I remember TK looking like a 1st round pick at Webb, but didn't play anyone. He got to UT and did alright, but not what we figured he would do.
Freshmen TK was really really good. Injuries and intern Jones derailed him. I really wish he would've been with Pruitt. I believe he would have been a stud with good coaching but that's jmo.

But look at Justin Coleman and Emmanuel Moseley as exhibits A and B.

Reactions: TrippieRedd

VN Store

Back