'20 TN DE/LB Tyler Baron (UT SIGNEE)

Swan Man doesn't think Baron is a slam dunk to commit to TN like AP and others.

I don't care who Swan man is. I've spoke on this numerous times. There's an 88% chance this kid is a VOL. People look at the elements and not random crap. The move, his dad, his favorite team and who he says leads. Stop whining and just be patient. Things will change soon.

You heard anything on Cooper? Does he want to go to GA?

IDT Cooper has decided. The brothers have always wanted to play together in college and Pittman has been a big factor in both recruitments. And then there's the gap between the UT and UGA programs. I think UT has a good shot with Cooper, but IDT the recruitment will be over-- either way-- until the ink dries on the LOI. And when it gets right down to it, I'll be surprised if UGA doesn't make room for Cooper, if he really wants to go there and play with Cade. If that's the deciding factor, one of the schools will make it happen.

Reactions: DefenseWins
Completely my opinion, but I kind of get a vibe that Cooper is wanting to be UGA bound until he's told they dont have room for him. If I was good enough to play college football & so was my brother Id kill for an opportunity to play ball with him. Could be 100% wrong but id imagine UGA would make room for him.

EDIT: Posted in the wrong thread, I blame the Summer Shandies.

IDT Cooper has decided. The brothers have always wanted to play together in college and Pittman has been a big factor in both recruitments. And then there's the gap between the UT and UGA programs. I think UT has a good shot with Cooper, but IDT the recruitment will be over-- either way-- until the ink dries on the LOI. And when it gets right down to it, I'll be surprised if UGA doesn't make room for Cooper, if he really wants to go there and play with Cade. If that's the deciding factor, one of the schools will make it happen.
Which is opposite of what VQ has reported. Love this staff. They truly understand that everything you say, can and will be used against you.

Thoughts from Nashville Opening Regional...

Tyler Baron took home the DL MVP Award, beating out guys like 5-star Reggie Grimes, Oxedine, a couple blue-chippers from Ohio and others. This was the first camp setting I’ve seen from him, and he didn’t disappoint. He has an array of pass rush moves and is really competitive. Ohio State is a factor but some folks yesterday insisted Tennessee remains in a good spot. Baron remained mostly mum on his recruitment.

-Simonton

This is the one that frustrates me the most. His decision yadda yadda yadda but I don’t look at it like that. I’m looking at it as a selfish fan who wants my team to be great again.

Lives in Knoxville. His dad works for the school. He plays a position we’re in dire need for. We have a great defensive staff.

He’s close with a lot of in state guys so he could commit and be a torch bearer for this class.

Instead it feels like we’re going to have to fight to get this guy. Like he’s looking for an excuse to go elsewhere.

VN Store

Back