'20 TN DE/LB Tyler Baron (UT SIGNEE)

“It was good just watching them practice and really just getting a look at what they’re going to be like,” said Baron. “You hear how they preach that there’s going to be a lot of change and the new things that they’re bringing to the program. But it’s definitely good just to get a look and see the progress that they’re making, see that what they’re preaching is really starting to come true. It’s a positive note.”

“Just a lot of trying to spend time with me and stuff like that. It’s always good,” Baron said. “I met with Coach Pruitt. (It was) just him making sure that I know that I’m a priority for them and just that I can help them turn things around.” Baron said he has seen improvement from the Vols “just in the mentality that the players have,” even compared to last season during their first year under Pruitt. “You can see their approach to even the scrimmage was just different than I’ve seen in the previous years,” Baron said. “I would say (they are) focused. Focused would be a good word. “They’re just keying in on winning more so than anything else.”

Saturday’s visit was “kind of an all-day thing,” Baron said, that allowed him to sit in on Tennessee’s defensive-line meeting and spend time with other recruits who were in attendance, including one of his current teammates — four-star offensive lineman Cooper Mays — and close friend Keshawn Lawrence, a four-star defensive back who previously played with Baron at Ensworth School in Nashville, Tenn.

"I sat in on a meeting with (defensive line) coach (Tracy) Rocker, and it was just good to hear what he’s telling the guys to do and just see how they’re buying into it,” Baron said. He said he also met with Tennessee quality control analyst Brandon Deaderick, a former NFL defensive lineman. “He’s definitely somebody I love listening to, just (because of) his experience in the NFL and stuff like that, just being a great defensive lineman,” Baron said of Deaderick. “It’s just good to have people that have done it before and have previous experiences.”

“They did a good job for the time that I watched them,” Baron said. “Definitely, it’d be nice if I could step in (and play early). But I also want to go to a place where I feel like I’m going to learn and get better if I go there.” He said he spent a large portion of the day with Lawrence, and the two have continued to talk “all the time” about potentially attending the same college. “Just Keyshawn, that being one of my real, real good friends, I spent a lot of time with him,” Baron said. “Cooper, (four-star offensive tackle) Tate (Ratledge), (we were) really just hanging out. “Just knowing (Lawrence) for as long as I have, (we are) just continuing a relationship and trying to do something special.”

i think we have a few that are starting to at least look to lean our way with Jarrett, Baron, Ratledge, Mays, Lawrence etc...

i don't know how many of them are going to publically commit any time soon though.

i'm getting the feeling that this year the hay may not be in the barn come September...and we may be a little like UF was last year, just hanging out with 10-13 commits ranked in the 20's or 30's.....and come Dec/Feb, we close.

just a hunch. of course i say that and we could have a huge weekend of the spring game. lol.....a lot quiter this year than last is all i'm basing it on.

i think we have a few that are starting to at least look to lean our way with Jarrett, Baron, Ratledge, Mays, Lawrence etc...

i don't know how many of them are going to publically commit any time soon though.

i'm getting the feeling that this year the hay may not be in the barn come September...and we may be a little like UF was last year, just hanging out with 10-13 commits ranked in the 20's or 30's.....and come Dec/Feb, we close.

just a hunch. of course i say that and we could have a huge weekend of the spring game. lol.....a lot quiter this year than last is all i'm basing it on.
So basically you have no idea lol.

VN Store

Back