'20 TN DE/LB Tyler Baron (UT SIGNEE)

He's a beast on the DL. There's a bunch of other beasts on the ol we'll be in on and DL is a huge need.

I'm not writing it in stone.

But it is definitely on the table.
Didn't Fulmer recruit a lot of DL then convert the ones who weren't as good to OL? Seems like I remember something like that.

Reactions: Big Sun
Didn't Fulmer recruit a lot of DL then convert the ones who weren't as good to OL? Seems like I remember something like that.
I have heard Fulmer remark more than once "if you can't play OL well then you can't play at all". It is not a bad recruiting philosophy to recruit only the best DLs and then convert them to OLS once they reach campus because usually the best athletes play on defense in high school.

We’re still trying to rebuild the Dline, TE'a, WR's, QB's, HB's I think they take 4 if they can get 4 they really like, because that dumbass Houston Nutt ****ed every thing up for everyone...unless you're Bama. The NCAA is their bitch. JMO.

FYP

I just dont understand all this get a bunch of OL and put some on DL talk. Does not compute. It's in multiple threads now.
These are highschool kids that play both ways anyways. I believe omari already said Pruitt wants him at Dline and then the guy from Michigan plays LB and Oline in highschool. The best athletes of the bunch will play DT more than likely.

These are highschool kids that play both ways anyways. I believe omari already said Pruitt wants him at Dline and then the guy from Michigan plays LB and Oline in highschool. The best athletes of the bunch will play DT more than likely.
I hope they go after pure DL for the DL. I dont like seeing all that switching up chit. Pruitt should have his numbers now to avoid that this year and let them develop at their position.

I just dont understand all this get a bunch of OL and put some on DL talk. Does not compute. It's in multiple threads now.

I’ll take part of the blame. From my end it was simply looking at the prospects available for both OL and DL and noticing one was considerably deeper than the other. I also noted we are also in on a ton of the OL talent, so it goes to reason that if these guys are truly wanting to be in Orange, we may be better off converting a couple to DL vs turning kids away.

Reactions: BucksnortVol
I’ll take part of the blame. From my end it was simply looking at the prospects available for both OL and DL and noticing one was considerably deeper than the other. I also noted we are also in on a ton of the OL talent, so it goes to reason that if these guys are truly wanting to be in Orange, we may be better off converting a couple to DL vs turning kids away.
It's way way early homie, let them do their evaluations and then we will see some quality DL names start to pop up.

We’re in a place where we’re landing studs...so RECRUIT that level DL. Easy to figure.

Reactions: T Dog
I hope they go after pure DL for the DL. I dont like seeing all that switching up chit. Pruitt should have his numbers now to avoid that this year and let them develop at their position.
I agree with what you're saying, T...pure OLman, pure DLman, stay on the side of the ball where you're a 4 or 5* at....but, some of these kids, like Omari and Rogers, they can be All Americans at either.

I agree with what you're saying, T...pure OLman, pure DLman, stay on the side of the ball where you're a 4 or 5* at....but, some of these kids, like Omari and Rogers, they can be All Americans at either.
Both if these guys have great athletic ability. It is really something to watch a 300lb high school linebacker. If Omari plays DT we will be seeing some more fatboy touchdowns.

I said it the other day, but it warrants repeating. After all the injuries, medical scholarships, and Dooley not taking any OL one class, I have zero qualms about taking 6-8 OL each class over the next two years. We’ll need it.

I'd be ok with 6 max. Still have big needs all over the field.

True, those probably could. Bailey is supposed to be here this weekend. Looked him up, he is listed OG and DT also. But Cowan pure DE. There will be more DL pop up as evaluations continue.

Yes. But getting OL and turning them into DL, I never really heard of that much.

They did that with Nick Fairley down at Auburn. He was the DT that won the title for them in 2010. Kid was unblockable in college. But that's the only highly successful case I know of in college.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back