'20 TN DE/LB Tyler Baron (UT SIGNEE)

This is the one that frustrates me the most. His decision yadda yadda yadda but I don’t look at it like that. I’m looking at it as a selfish fan who wants my team to be great again.

Lives in Knoxville. His dad works for the school. He plays a position we’re in dire need for. We have a great defensive staff.

He’s close with a lot of in state guys so he could commit and be a torch bearer for this class.

Instead it feels like we’re going to have to fight to get this guy. Like he’s looking for an excuse to go elsewhere.
it's been hard lately to determine which one of these prospects has been frustrating more, so thanks for the clarification.

on a serious note, i understand. it still doesn't mean much right now....they could all still sign here. it's still on the table....til it's not.

This guy is, IMO, the most important kid in this class for us to get. Just because of the position, what he means for other local guys, plus listening to the VQ podcast - they raved about his attitude and leadership. Always coaching other players or telling them to keep their heads up, etc.

Said he was a monster at the camp, and that Baron said it was only his second camp.

yeah, he's done nothing but help himself this off season. if he's not the most important one, he's right up there. some would say Mays is...other Lawrence...others grimes.

to me, Hardy, BAron, Lawrence, Morris, Grimes. i mean....if you got those kids....it'd be hard to be upset about much.

and you still have WR's in Marietta, what's his name? and a couple in NC.....

it's a marathon. and a big part of ours is going to be what happens on the field this year. we need to win some games.

Keep in mind that's also with us pretty much knowing 5* Darnell Wright had us in the drivers seat. I think it's reasonable to be slightly worried.
See my attempt to be funny failed. But since you made me look it up, Neids had Lowe and Brown at the end of May. I think we led for Wright like we supposedly do for Baron, Hardy etc. now. If I remember correctly we thought he was a silent after sitting in the middle of the field at Neyland with Neids after a game last year. He got Fields and Williams in July. And we know how Crouch, To'oto'o, and Wright ended. The team had 6 at the end of May that we kept. Unfortunately for us impatient fans the recruits want to see results this year. If we perform well there's nothing to worry about. If we don't perform well, we may lose any recruits we had.

Last edited:
I

See my attempt to be funny failed. But since you made me look it up, Neids had Lowe and Brown at the end of May. I think we led for Wright like we supposedly do for Baron, Hardy etc. now. If I remember correctly we thought he was a silent after sitting in the middle of the field at Neyland with Neids after a game last year. He got Fields and Williams in July. And we know how Crouch, To'oto'o, and Wright ended. The team had 6 at the end of May that we kept. Unfortunately for us impatient fans the recruits want to see results this year. If we perform well there's nothing to worry about. If we don't perform well, we may lose any recruits had.

Tell it like it is!

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Thoughts from Nashville Opening Regional...
Tyler Baron took home the DL MVP Award, beating out guys like 5-star Reggie Grimes, Oxedine, a couple blue-chippers from Ohio and others. This was the first camp setting I’ve seen from him, and he didn’t disappoint. He has an array of pass rush moves and is really competitive...
-Simonton

1558792550975.png

After a dominant performance, Tyler Baron was crowned DL MVP of the Nashville Opening Regional. Baron did not lose a rep in one on one drills which is the determining factor for the award. He repeatedly overpowered opposing offensive lineman. His ability to engage then push and throw bigger offensive lineman was on full display all day long. When Baron chose to use more of a speed rush the result was the same. He cruised by offensive tackles all day long to get into the backfield.
Top Defensive Target Tyler Baron Wins DL MVP

VN Store

Back