'20 TN DE/LB Tyler Baron (UT SIGNEE)

Don’t give a shat if you think it’s stupid or not. If I’m a head coach at a D1 program and one of my staff can’t even help recruit his own son to the program then I’m finding someone else who can bring more for that position. Agree to disagree I guess
a11901a0f6261f27fc84f78ad2f76310048119ba37fd6fffc517edaa79cf8deb.jpg

Don’t give a shat if you think it’s stupid or not. If I’m a head coach at a D1 program and one of my staff can’t even help recruit his own son to the program then I’m finding someone else who can bring more for that position. Agree to disagree I guess

If my kid wants to go somewhere else, I don't care if the boss likes it or not.

Some kids want to leave the nest. It's ok if they do. In a lot of cases, it's needed.

If my kid wants to go somewhere else, I don't care if the boss likes it or not.

But I could not find fault if the boss limited attendance and interaction in activities where stuff like game plans, etc. were probable. If the current job can be sustained under those conditions so be it, if not reassignment would for sure be in play. If that is not available or unacceptable to the parent, then some other remedy would have to be reached.

But I could not find fault if the boss limited attendance and interaction in activities where stuff like game plans, etc. were probable. If the current job can be sustained under those conditions so be it, if not reassignment would for sure be in play. If that is not available or unacceptable to the parent, then some other remedy would have to be reached.

Could understand that attitude, but the values that mean I've always got my kid's back are the same values that would keep me from cheating my employer.

fantastic coaching effort with your WR turned QB, setting the cfb world on firre? not impressed

This one cracks me up when I see UK fans talking about how amazing it was that UK was able to win 7 games with a WR at QB, and how awesome a coach Stoops is for being forced to use a WR at QB and still salvaging a season.

Just LOL, and I call BS.

First, UK had some freshmen and sophomore QBs in the wings when Wilson, then Smith were injured, but unlike UT going with a freshman QB when JG struggled early rather than turning to JJ, a former HS QB, Stoops instead chose to go with his best WR, Bowden, a former HS QB. He could have turned to one of the young, but inexperienced, QBs on his roster.

Why? He obviously believed Bowden was the best option, but I suspect he also knew Bowden was best suited to run the ground control game that best fits his conservative philosophy. A strong running game with a solid defense. This is Stoops 7th year at UK, and anyone paying attention knows that this guy has an extremely conservative offensive philosophy that relies on controlling TOP.

Also, have Gran introduce some veer and triple option concepts into the offensive package, and UK is running stuff that no other SEC offenses are running, at least in the East, so defenses aren't used to seeing them throughout the season and preparing for those schemes. And it worked against most East teams, as well as the OOC teams UK faced.

Ok, so the counter is, but but but, no, it limited UK's passing game. OK, so looking back at UK's offenses the previous 6 years under Stoops, regardless of who the OC was, when has a Stoops-led UK offense ever had any sort of serious passing game? Never. Even when UK had pure pocket passing QBs like Towles. And it wasn't the OCs; the first 2 OCs left and went elsewhere and immediately had explosive offenses. So the common conservative offensive theme at UK is Stoops.

I also saw a UK fan say after the UT-UK game that if Wilson had started at QB then UK would have destroyed UT. Yeah, just like Wilson destroyed UT last season, right? The bottom line is, Wilson is really not much, if any, more of a consistent thrower than Bowden. I suppose one could argue that it would better to have Bowden at WR so Wilson could throw to him, but the counter argument would be that lining up Bowden behind center means that he has the ball in his hand every offensive play. And make no mistake; Bowden, one of the best athletes in the SEc, is easily the best athlete on UK's team.

Stoops went with Bowden because he knew the offense he could utilize with Bowden at QB best suited what he has always wanted from his offense; a time-controlling ground game that had to risk putting the ball in the air as little as possible.

Don't get me wrong. I am not criticizing Stoops; I think he made the smart choice going with Bowden at QB because he smartly recognized that Bowden gave UK the best chance of winning while staying within the offensive philosophy he prefers. What I laugh at is the notion of UK fans that if Wilson had remained healthy that UK would have been some sort of juggernaut in the East. I'm sorry, but that is laughable.

Aren't he and Lawrence buddies that go way back together? If so, it's not an accident having Lawrence's official visit the same weekend as Baron's.

Reactions: jakez4ut
Yeah anyone who doesn’t understand this is soft batch

Reactions: walkenvol

VN Store

Back