'20 TN DE/LB Tyler Baron (UT SIGNEE)

Crystal Ball predictions: Tennessee 67%, Virginia Tech 33%

Baron, a four-star Class of 2020 prospect from Nashville's Ensworth School, is the son of Patrick Abernathy, a holdover from former Tennessee coach Butch Jones' staff who now works in player development for first-year Vols coach Jeremy Pruitt. Baron has made multiple visits to Tennessee this year, and the Vols are the early favorites on the Crystal Ball after adding a prediction for him in late August.

RC

“Really, it was a great atmosphere,” said Baron. “That was the biggest thing — just really the fans, they stuck with it for a little bit. But just how hard the players played, it was a positive note. “I don’t take anything negative away, just because it’s Coach Pruitt’s first year and he’s still trying to lay the groundwork. So I really just took all positive things out of it, to be honest.”

Baron said Tennessee outside linebacker Jordan Allen, a junior-college transfer, is one of the players he knows best on the Vols’ current roster. “He had a lot of good, positive things to say, too — just small mistakes that made that game,” Baron said of Allen. “But I feel like they all took good stuff out of it and are ready to get back to work. “I was with them on Sunday, and the coaches were just real positive about it, just excited to get back to work, to go play Georgia. And I like to see that and not really dwelling on a loss, but looking at the positives and trying to move on.”

“I’ve heard from them a few times a week, if not every day, really, just hearing from Coach Pruitt about how I can fit in his defense, plays I can make — just really positive stuff,” Baron said. “And (it is) just good to hear from a player standpoint about how they think I can fit. “Mainly, I stay in touch with Coach Pruitt, (tight ends) coach (Brian) Niedermeyer, (cornerbacks) coach (Terry) Fair, (defensive line) coach (Tracy) Rocker. Really, I talk to all of them about the same.”

“I really like to pay attention to how hard people play and just how much they buy into what Coach Pruitt’s teaching. That’s a big thing for me to see,” Baron said. “I feel like it’s just different with Coach Pruitt. He’s changing the culture, and you can definitely see that it’s happened pretty fast. But he’s definitely bringing a new culture to Tennessee, and I like to see it.”

“I’ve loved UT, just really coming off what my dad was saying,” Baron said. “It’s just a family vibe. Even when Coach Pruitt came in, the first thing he was preaching to me was how tight of a bunch they were going to be. The players, they’d be like brothers and the coaches like parents, almost. I love how close they are, and (that the staff) preaches family. I mean, that’s a big thing.”

Tyler is always going to love UT. At this point he doesn't have a lot of choice.
A 2020 .9520 24/7 rated recruit with killer tape against decent competition can pretty much go anywhere in the country he shows interest in... I don't know a college that would turn him down... on top of that, he would be the crown jewel in 95% of college recruiting classes...

I'm fairly sure I don't understand what that comment meant?

Reactions: SweetasSoda
A 2020 .9520 24/7 rated recruit with killer tape against decent competition can pretty much go anywhere in the country he shows interest in... I don't know a college that would turn him down... on top of that, he would be the crown jewel in 95% of college recruiting classes...

I'm fairly sure I don't understand what that comment meant?
I meant that unless something screwy happens he is going to UT because if he doesn't his father will kill him.

Hope we hold off on blueshirts/grad transfers so we can load up.
I agree but it also has to be a balancing act. If you sign a big class people expect them to start winning by time they are sophomores and if they dont you the coaching staff will start being labeled as frauds. The transfers/blue shirts are helping to flip roster talent and should give us some contributing upper classman.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Didn't someone say that Baron was a long shot because of something Pruitt said/did to his father?

I meant that unless something screwy happens he is going to UT because if he doesn't his father will kill him.

Honestly his dad is very open as Tyler has an offer from pretty nuch everyone. The things is Tyler has always loved UT and been around campus so long it just seems like home to him. Kid will be a stud wherever he goes

VN Store

Back