'19 TN DE Joseph Anderson (SC signee)

I think it also matters when Bama offered. If they offered his freshman/sophomore year, when so many of this in state class were first hyped, then it really doesn't matter anymore.

This is correct. And while Bama runs a 3-4 they offered Joseph Anderson, apparently he fit their system.

Weren't actively recruiting him. Not saying he isn't a good player. He is. Just doesn't seem like 3-4 teams know what to do with him position wise and are in stalling pattern. TN wanted him to camp to see his progress. There are mixed reviews on him. Up to coaches to make sure he fits their system.

muschamp knows defense and his system. So no reason to worry about what anyone thinks. Muschamp offensive evals a different story.

Reactions: 1 person
I’ve been following recruiting for a long time, and realize there’s usually a good reason why a player shuns a school. I’m just curious why it appears we weren’t even considered... Could be we got in late, grades, ruffled a hs coach’s feathers.. (which has been brought up by another SEC coach)

He looks pretty good and supposedly had commitable offers from Bama, Clemson, Michigan, Georgia, ND, LSU, Ohio State and Penn St.

He’s now committed to South Carolina.....(hmmm...)

I’ve been following recruiting for a long time, and realize there’s usually a good reason why a player shuns a school. I’m just curious why it appears we weren’t even considered... Could be we got in late, grades, ruffled a hs coach’s feathers.. (which has been brought up by another SEC coach)

He looks pretty good and supposedly had commitable offers from Bama, Clemson, Michigan, Georgia, ND, LSU, Ohio State and Penn St.

He’s now committed to South Carolina.....(hmmm...)

He didn't shun us. We weren't pushing for him. I think we asked him to camp to see where he would fit position wise if at all. He took the sure thing and it's a good spot for him

He didn't shun us. We weren't pushing for him. I think we asked him to camp to see where he would fit position wise if at all. He took the sure thing and it's a good spot for him

Ok Thanks. I wonder how legit those other offers were.

Last edited:
In the VQ chat tonight one of the writers said he tried to commit in February and we wouldn’t take it.

In the VQ chat tonight one of the writers said he tried to commit in February and we wouldn’t take it.

Mentioned this on last weeks VQ podcast as well. Said he wanted to commit and the staff wanted him to hold off and camp.

Apparently they’ve come around to him now and might try to get back into things here.

“Tennessee could also totally try to get back involved with a guy like Anderson, especially after such a strong summer, but as Pruitt noted Wednesday in his comments, in-state recruiting is important but in the end, fit trumps all. ”

VQ

Best chance to flip?
I would say Anderson because he liked Tennessee so much growing up, but he was ready to jump in back in Feb. and Tennessee wouldn't let him so I don't know what he thinks about this staff now.

Hubbs

VN Store

Back