'20 TN DE Jay Hardy (Auburn commit)

I'm sure it's been talked about already in this thread but how did Baylor let this kid go to McCallie?

Tennessee remains one of the teams to beat for four-star defensive lineman Jay Hardy of McCallie School in Chattanooga, Tenn., and likely the favorite to land him, but he still appears to be in no hurry to announce a decision at the moment. Sources close to his recruitment indicated the Vols remain in good shape, although he didn’t make it to Knoxville on Saturday for their game against Georgia. Hardy still is planning to take more visits, though, and he recently has expressed interest in making at least a couple more trips to Auburn, which hosted him more than a week ago for its game against Mississippi State. The Tigers now are in position to host him on an official visit. He has been fairly consistent over the past few months in saying he’s likely to continue taking official visits and wait until later in the season, if not after the season, to announce his decision. Tennessee will have to continue to battle for him until then, but all signs point to the Vols having at least a slight edge on the other teams he’s considering.

Yep, otherwise it’s extremely expensive and more than most universities. Boarding school costs around 45k a year.

this is a major issue for tulane. tuition and board is like, $90k a year. not many walk-ons, as you can imagine.

I think I just cried a little thinking about Hardy going to Auburn and Baron going to OSU.

Why? Auburn could suck the longest, phattest egg and we could be world beaters - and that son of a bit** bagman would ruin't is!

sick and tired of it. ill use the same logic i used on Bailey.

Be part of the solution, or, not. you all know the risks. Do not underestimate a determined opponent. TN will be back. So, take the easy route.

Reactions: TrippieRedd
Not quite that high. My daughter attended there the last two years. Closer to $75K but your point still stands.

they had me make this graphic last year for a mailer they sent out to recruits. not sure where they got the number from, but, either way, sheesh.

DxUKni6VYAA9zaf.jpeg

Reactions: quadlee21
they had me make this graphic last year for a mailer they sent out to recruits. not sure where they got the number from, but, either way, sheesh.

View attachment 229908
I guess they're including stuff that doesn't apply to regular students? Training table, athletic dorms, medical care, nutritionist, travel, ??? I just know our annual bill wasn't nearly that high thankfully. Wouldn't surprise me if they're pumping up that number a bit to make it sound a little more attractive.

Reactions: Geaux_Vols
I guess they're including stuff that doesn't apply to regular students? Training table, athletic dorms, medical care, nutritionist, travel, ??? I just know our annual bill wasn't nearly that high thankfully. Wouldn't surprise me if they're pumping up that number a bit to make it sound a little more attractive.

i'm sure its some combination of that, yeah. crazy to think about the kid that DO walk-on there.

That is what I was thinking of, as well. Lots of stuff not considered in the cost of your average student.

I'm kinda late to the party here but that is one of the most malicious and targeted hits I've seen in football.

There was no other intent than to deliver a cheap shot to a defenseless player's knee.

Code Red every play for that kid until he leaves the field and never returns.

just sayin'

Last edited:
Was talking to a really good source this morning and they seemed to think AU had a real shot with 4-star DE Jay Hardy of Chattanooga. Felt like they certainly were trending in the right direction.
Look for Hardy to attend the AU-UGA and AU-AL games in Nov. -- then return for an OV in Dec.
He is NOT an early enrollee. Might not sign until Feb.
AU 247
Curious as to where this smoke is coming from, everything I’ve heard is still UT

AU 247
Curious as to where this smoke is coming from, everything I’ve heard is still UT
it's auburn, so who knows. sometimes they just make ish up.....sometimes not....
giphy.gif

VN Store

Back