'20 TN DE Dallas Walker (Texas A&M commit)

Who's better between this kid and Rybka from Dickson Co.? Don't follow mid-state football like I used to.

Rybka, Hardy, Baron, Walker, Grimes, plus others im forgetting.

So many talented in state DL and we have a gaping hole in the depth chart, yet we probably only get 1-2 of them.

Reactions: SmokeyDaBear
Rybka, Hardy, Baron, Walker, Grimes, plus others im forgetting.

So many talented in state DL and we have a gaping hole in the depth chart, yet we probably only get 1-2 of them.

Gaping? like what, Grand Canyon gaping? Straight of Gibralter Gaping?

Staff needs get on this kid!! He's now weights about 280lb and is a beast on the DL unblockable

I'm telling you guys this kid is the best DL in the state. I saw him this past weekend at the NPA camp, Alpha Male! After watching him during one on ones he confirmed my thoughts of him being the best.

I'm telling you guys this kid is the best DL in the state. I saw him this past weekend at the NPA camp, Alpha Male! After watching him during one on ones he confirmed my thoughts of him being the best.

Alan Jackson is singing oh how I wish Dallas signs with Tennessee 🍊🏈

Reactions: vols72
The three-star Class of 2020 defensive lineman from Smyrna (Tenn.) High School has watched his stock rise significantly within the past week, adding offers from Auburn, Georgia, Oklahoma, Texas A&M, Arkansas and Missouri since Friday, and he’s now being pursued by at least 17 schools. Just last month, the 6-foot-4, 302-pound Walker referred to Kentucky and Purdue as the two teams he “had my eye on mostly.”

With a half-dozen other major programs now having entered the picture, he said this week that he’s now planning to take official visits to at least a few of the schools that recently have offered him. He said Auburn, Georgia and Texas A&M now have joined Kentucky on the list of schools that are likely to host him on official visits. But he stopped short of naming a group of favorites.

“I don't have a list of top schools yet,” said Walker, who's ranked by 247Sports as the No. 555 overall prospect and No. 28 strongside defensive end in the 2020 class. “I’m still looking forward to the whole recruiting process.” Tennessee is one of the schools that has stayed in contact with Walker, but the Vols now have plenty more competition for him. And the recent string of offers has shaken up his recruitment, to say the least.

Tennessee hosted Walker for one of its junior days in February, and he said he has continued to hear from the Vols “every week or two” since then. “They still have as much interest in me as, like, freshman year — Butch’s staff and everything,” Walker said. “After Butch left, they told me my offer was still secure and everything, so they’re still showing interest. I’m hearing things from different coaches now — just not, like, one person. The coach I hear from the most is Coach (Kevin) Sherrer. He’s the one that kind of recruits the area and everything,” Walker said, referring to the Vols’ inside linebackers coach and special teams coordinator. “But I still hear from Tracy Rocker.”

While Walker now is hoping to visit at least a few other schools, he said he expects to be back at Tennessee “probably this summer” at some point. “I’m still trying to go up there at least one last time to take everything in and to weigh out my options and everything,” he said. “It depends on how I’m feeling,” Walker said. “I really want to commit before the season starts so I can have, like, a clean slate and just focus on my senior season. But if it comes to that, I want to commit, like, at least before the playoffs or something like that.”

VN Store

Back