'20 TN DE Dallas Walker (Texas A&M commit)

And hopefully we can benefit from that.

Win big this year and we'll have the momentum to dominate instate recruiting for the next 4 years.

Top ranked recruits want to go to schools where they can compete for national titles and get to the NFL. Our draft class this year was major boost. Now we need to compound that and win an SEC Championship. If Butch can do that, he can turn the state of Tennessee into a mini-Louisiana where we can recruit a national championship caliber team almost entirely on instate talent year in and year out.

That is what's on the line right now.

Reactions: 3 people
I know it's a way's a way, but man do we desperately need some pass rushers.

Last edited:
Class of 2020 defensive end Dallas Walker is quickly becoming a household name in recruiting in the Volunteer State.

Walker already has offers from Tennessee, Kentucky and Louisville and was recently back on Rocky Top to see the Vols, where he said it's starting to feel like home. “It really is,” Walker said. “Going in the locker room, it feels comfortable being in there. Everywhere we go around here, I feel more than at the other colleges I have visited.

Walker said good vibes about the Vols doesn't center around the facilities or the flash of an SEC program. “It's really the atmosphere and what they are trying to become,” Walker said of the Vols. “They are trying to accomplish something big. They want us to do well academically and they said the last two years they have 100% of their seniors graduate.”

Walker will camp at Alabama in July and has also camped at Louisville this summer. The Friday before 'Orange Carpet Day,' Walker camped with the Vols. “Really I was letting them have a chance to see me work in person. And I wanted them to help me learn some things that I can use this season that will help me accomplish what I want to accomplish," he said. “The coaches were great. They are very smart. They taught me a lot and showed me a lot of drills that I can use.”

Walker weighed in at 252 pounds and said the weekend on Rocky Top was very productive. “It was just a good experience,” Walker said. “It was the best that I have gone through recruiting wise and there weren't times where we were sitting around bored. We were always doing something.”

-VQ

Reactions: 8 people
Both schools have about 13 fans at their home games

I was at the game between the two last season, I'm sure you can feel the energy...

KvOScvF.jpg

6'3" 235 as a freshman? Wow. I am not disputing the vitals, I just think that's pretty amazing. I wonder how much bigger he will get.
His profile says he is 235 I saw profiles on two other sites,one said 280 another said 296 He must be growing very fast if these are not incorrect!

Reactions: LittleVol
Yes he’s about 285. He played outside LB/Defensive end the game l watched him. Kid can move to be his size

He could definitely help and is a very good prospect. Not really sure where he is on UT priority list right now, but he is definitely an upper tier player. Good with his hands and is a natural pass rusher.
Thanks

He's up to 295lbs now, wow he's gotten much bigger.

Dallas Walker received his first scholarship offer more than two years ago from Tennessee and has visited the Vols multiple times, but he returned to Knoxville on Saturday for the first time in almost a year. He doesn’t plan to wait quite as long to make his next trip to Knoxville. The 6-foot-4, 295-pound Walker said he’s already planning to return to Tennessee for “probably a spring practice” and perhaps multiple visits with the Vols in the coming months. “It went good,” he said of Saturday’s visit. “We had a lot of fun, and I plan on coming back soon.”

“I’ve heard from Tracy Rocker, and I’ve also talked to coach (Kevin) Sherrer,” Walker said, referring to Tennessee’s special teams coordinator and inside linebackers coach. “Coach Sherrer came up to the school about two weeks ago. “I’ve just been getting a lot of things from (Tennessee’s staff) on Twitter and all that stuff, so I just wanted to make another visit to see all the new coaches and see what they’re doing up there.”

“I’m definitely going back,” he said. “I like what they’re doing with their brand-new coaching staff, and I like how all of them are experienced. And they seem to know what they’re doing, and they seem to have a plan to rebuild their program, so I’m excited about that. “I’m going back to look into it. … I don’t know (when), as of right now, but it’s going to be pretty soon.”

Walker said Tennessee is recruiting him as a versatile defensive lineman capable of lining up in multiple spots in the Vols’ 3-4 base defense and four-man fronts. “They said they’re going to move me around a little,” he said. “(Rocker) kept asking me questions. He was just trying to make sure I was knowledgeable enough of their defense to be able to run two defenses that they run. They said not most teams run two defenses. “They like my size, and they like the way I can move for being this size — like, my agility. He said he wants me to come back up there to watch them practice in the spring or come to a camp so they can work me out.”

He said he'd like to decide before senior year and the two that stand out most currently are UT and UK.

Last edited:
He's up to 295lbs now, wow he's gotten much bigger.

He said he'd like to decided before senior year and the two that stand out most currently are UT and UK.
It's a really impressive instate d-line & LB class. We need to hit on alot of these kids, or we'll be facing them yearly

The Smyrna DE/DT was back at Tennessee for the first time in nearly a year. Last March, Tennessee's new staff told Walker his offer was still valid but communication between the two parties died down a bit until the last month or so. Walker is now back on the radar for the Vols, spending lots of times Saturday with Rocker and Sherrer (his area recruiter). He's picked up recent offers from Purdue, Penn State and Va. Tech.

Walker will return to Tennessee for a spring practice and told me the Vols are almost assured of getting an OV. He wants to take his primary officials during the summer and commit just before his senior season. More to come.

-Simonton

VN Store

Back