'25 KY DB Martels Carter

“The fans always stand out when I am at Tennessee. They don’t miss,” Carter said of the visit. “That is one thing about Neyland Stadium is you know there are always going to be fans there showing a lot of energy.” Carter is still working through the process at his own pace, but Tennessee is firmly among his shortlist of favorites. “They are definitely up there,” he said of this. “They are in the top-three for sure.”
“I loved the energy from the defense and the way they were flying around,” Carter said on what stood out about the defense. “I love a good defensive line because when you have a great d-line, then the DBs piggyback off of that, and you get easy picks. You just do your job, and the rest comes easy. Right now, they have one of the best lines in the SEC, so it makes the defensive backs job even easier.”
“They are making me feel like a big priority because I am talking to somebody from Tennessee every day,” the four-star said of this. “I am talking to Coach Heupel, he is FaceTiming me, I am talking to Coach Banks all the time. I know I am a big priority for them because they are texting me and calling me. I have to be a big priority even the Head Coach is calling me and texting me like that.”
“They were just telling me I am still their guy,” Carter said. Just because I moved to Kentucky doesn’t mean anything. Tennessee is still home, and they were really trying to shoot that message to me. I spent a lot of time with Coach Banks and Coach Heupel during the visit. When I went down there last time, they see me as the next Eric Berry, so they see me playing anywhere for them and that is what they were telling me this time.”
-VQ

Visiting FSU this weekend and back at Neyland for the UGA game.

Kid is a really good player, but this cycle is going to be crazy. We might grab a few Top 100 DBs

Good get for Kentucky if he lands there.

VN Store

Back