'25 KY DB Martels Carter

pointing-leonardo-di-caprio.gif

the last names!

The Class of 2025 safety from Brainerd High School in Chattanooga, Tenn., said Tennessee again impressed him during his visit Jan. 14 for the Vols’ first junior day. It was his fourth trip to Tennessee since late June, and he said he enjoyed getting another look at the Vols in a laid-back setting that included attending their basketball game against Kentucky.

“It was good,” said Carter, who already has received offers from more than 20 schools. “I loved the atmosphere. Just to know the fans are going to be there no matter what sport it is, that’s tough.”

““They are one of my top picks right now because of the way they work and coach,” he said, “and it feels like a family.”

Heupel met with Carter near the end of the visit.

“We just talked, asked him questions, and he answered,” Carter said of Heupel. “I liked what he said. … When we were talking, he showed love (and said) that he’s going to go out and come visit (Brainerd).”

“(They like) that I run track and that I’m fast — my speed,” he said.

Playing at a 7v7 event today. About to watch him. Got Charlie Becker, Eli Owens, Jaylen Thompson on his team that I noticed so far. Tarrion Grant also on the team
Martels, Jaylen Thompson, and Eli Owens dominating the morning games. Tarrion Grant is huge. Brock Montgomery playing great. Several NPA guys trying to make it up here next weekend I heard

Paducah Tilghman is traditionally a good program in KY, historically. They've been down a bit recently, but somehow managed to make the 3A state title game in 2021 despite a 4-6 regular season, and lost by 5 points.

VN Store

Back