'21 TN DB Elijah Howard (VA Tech Commit)

Thanks coach JP. I trust you!

I don’t think the staff likes his size to play offense. A RB in the sec needs to be at least 200 to take the beating. I think some of the reason Gray didn’t play more this year bc he got killed in pass protection at times. I think the same would be true for Howard. At WR we just signed a really fast class that is bigger than Howard.

But, the staff would love to have a honey badger on D and could potentially replace sham.

Reactions: DiderotsGhost
I keep seeing everyone talk about how good this kid is but Rivals got him listed as a fringe 3star. Can anyone that has seen him provide a detailed report on strength, weaknesses and measurables?

i don't recall that.

I think what he means is when you look back over several years our CB's struggled mightily to make tackles especially at the LOS. They weren't particularly big nor were they sticky cover guys. It is easy to want to forget but the defense had some of the worst years in recent memory and was bad across the board.

Reactions: lilesrt
I think what he means is when you look back over several years our CB's struggled mightily to make tackles especially at the LOS. They weren't particularly big nor were they sticky cover guys. It is easy to want to forget but the defense had some of the worst years in recent memory and was bad across the board.
The analogy was to 'little school girls.' As a father, i can assure you, my girl's are tougher than some of the windbags around here.

I don’t think the staff likes his size to play offense. A RB in the sec needs to be at least 200 to take the beating. I think some of the reason Gray didn’t play more this year bc he got killed in pass protection at times. I think the same would be true for Howard. At WR we just signed a really fast class that is bigger than Howard.

But, the staff would love to have a honey badger on D and could potentially replace sham.

I don't think a RB has to be over 200, Travis Stephens pl as yed as t 194 and led the SEC in rushing his SR year. 8 of the top 13 Rushing Lesders this year were under 200 LBS. Gray's issue, like you said was pass blocking. He just needs to learn how to do it better and commit to it. Adding strength will help too.Chabdler and Jordan are barely over 200. I like Gray at 195-198 then complimenting him with a more physical RB. If we get Evsns, he's already 200 so getting him to 208-210 would be the perfect compliment for Grsy. Whitehead and Hodges are both options as well with both being over 220+. Some fans think Whitehead ends up at LB, but I'm opposite on that. He wants to play RB and should be a very good one for us. He's not playing LB unless he changes his mind about playing RB. But I will s azz y I don't see Howard playing RB here.

I expect Whitehead to make us forget all about a five star.

I'm excited about Whitehead myself, don't get the talk of some posters saying he's a LB. He's a RB and thats where he wants to play. CJP gives the players the decision to pick where they play.

Reactions: T Dog
First 5 pages of this thread is required reading for a case study in Lunch Meat OP mind effs. 😣

VN Store

Back