'21 TN DB Elijah Howard (Tennessee commit 6/25/19)

GregAmsler

So Outzen was better than Weinke? Heisman trophy winning Chris Weinke?? Peter Warrick beat Florida. And MIND YOU, I said we Still WIN even if he had played.

Thanks for leaving out the whole argument..
Jesus. How did you turn this into a disagreement? I was simply pointing out some misconceptions people have about Tennessee’s perceived “advantage” from FSU’s Weinke loss in that game.

A) I didn’t say Outzen was better than Weinke.
B) Weinke wasn’t the Heisman winner that year. And he wasn’t that good yet. Which was my point that you missed. Everyone acts like they lost a Heisman-level QB that year. They didn’t. He became that later.
C) Lewis actually was a Heisman-caliber player before going down that season and no one mentions the loss that was for Tennessee.

My point was, Tennessee didn’t enjoy the advantage folks like to claim. Yes, Weinke was better than Outzen, but the gap wasn’t as wide that year as it would become and Tennessee was without an all-time great RB. If both are healthy, Tennessee still wins in a game that is probably prettier to watch.

SD189

Soddy Karate
Jesus. How did you turn this into a disagreement? I was simply pointing out some misconceptions people have about Tennessee’s perceived “advantage” from FSU’s Weinke loss in that game.

A) I didn’t say Outzen was better than Weinke.
B) Weinke wasn’t the Heisman winner that year. And he wasn’t that good yet. Which was my point that you missed. Everyone acts like they lost a Heisman-level QB that year. They didn’t. He became that later.
C) Lewis actually was a Heisman-caliber player before going down that season and no one mentions the loss that was for Tennessee.

My point was, Tennessee didn’t enjoy the advantage folks like to claim. Yes, Weinke was better than Outzen, but the gap wasn’t as wide that year as it would become and Tennessee was without an all-time great RB. If both are healthy, Tennessee still wins in a game that is probably prettier to watch.
Our defense would have abused lil Weinke. Outzen was running for his life.

GregAmsler

Our defense would have abused lil Weinke. Outzen was running for his life.
That is one thing to consider...Outzen was far more mobile than Weinke and he was sacked, what, 7 times? A more stationary Weinke might've been sacked even more...or forced into bad throws, like his 6 INT game against NC State that season.

Devo182

Sophia Cunningham's daddy
Blueshirt candidate?
If he gitting he gitting. Unless ya mean greyshirt, which is kinda extreme to ask from a longtime commit, but ya never know. Blueshirt wouldn't/shouldn't be a big deal. But seems we may need a couple if we are going for 27...and some may take it negatively even if they shouldn't.

MarcoVol

If he gitting he gitting. Unless ya mean greyshirt, which is kinda extreme to ask from a longtime commit, but ya never know. Blueshirt wouldn't/shouldn't be a big deal. But seems we may need a couple if we are going for 27...and some may take it negatively even if they shouldn't.

I was 18 once and being recruited for baseball. I took talk of even a redshirt as a slight towards me.

Point being - I was woefully uninformed and short sighted, but I also can understand how an 18 yr old wouldn’t want to blue shirt or grey shirt or any other shirt. Pride is a hell of a drug.

VN Store

Sponsors