'24 TN DB Boo Carter (Tennessee)

So, no guarantee, a word you used not once but twice in your previous post. You just "know people". There's a HUGE difference there.
You can go watch Hamilton a couple more times if your so interested in "the room where it happened".

You can go watch Hamilton a couple more times if your so interested in "the room where it happened".
In the time that I've spent reading through this thread, one consistent theme is that you (and one or two other posters) seem to be heavily invested in seeming to be a big deal. You make sweeping statements and "guarantees", when in reality you're just another person on the message board with an opinion.

Reactions: Vol since 77
What hand? I'm a black man. I know black moms, black women, and personality types. She's a single mother and her and her son are tight. I also never said that the Vols are out of this. For every person that she had a back and forth with on here, there are a thousand that she saw showing love to her son on his visits at Neyland. Boo loves the Vols, but he has other suitors as well. The point I've been trying to make is not to underestimate the impact of stupid, and there was a lot of stupid going on in this thread. I'm done with this topic though.

Momma bears are momma bears regardless of the color of their skin. They are what they are, but you cannot deny the role she had in escalating the conflict. There were similar opportunities for conflict in Cam Seldon's thread, but his uncle used restraint, and made a lot of friends in the process.

Momma bears are momma bears regardless of the color of their skin. They are what they are, but you cannot deny the role she had in escalating the conflict. There were similar opportunities for conflict in Cam Seldon's thread, but his uncle used restraint, and made a lot of friends in the process.
Any parent that gets on this website is just asking for issues with all the knuckheads that post here. There’s not an upside imo.

Any parent that gets on this website is just asking for issues with all the knuckheads that post here. There’s not an upside imo.
I’ve lurked this thread for the past couple months. I missed whatever happened, but find it weird for any relative of a recruit or player to join and interact in fan forums. Others may disagree, but I just don’t care for it.

I’ve lurked this thread for the past couple months. I missed whatever happened, but find it weird for any relative of a recruit or player to join and interact in fan forums. Others may disagree, but I just don’t care for it.
These parents see all the adoration their kids get from fans when they go on visits and expect more of the same on fan forums. They usually end up disappointed. Internet message boards are not for the meek. I've noticed some backlash from moms of current players this week on Twitter from all the fan criticism of the team and coaches.

I don’t think many of you get it.

Why is winning an Internet feud with a recruit’s mom so important? You lose either way. It doesn’t matter who ”started it”. If she says something that bugs you, just ignore it. Everyone wins.
It’s not carrying out a feud if you REACT. Why do we have to go mute on our own damn board?

Reactions: StoVol
Maybe it’s been said before, but any time a person becomes a public figure, whether that’s Hollywood, sports, etc., and the PUBLIC at large gets involved, then disagreements, dislikes, speculations, jealousy, or whatever is going to happen - whether it’s true or false. The bigger one’s star status or image becomes, the more he/she will be required to deal with and must choose how to handle it … and most successful people will chose to believe what they KNOW about themselves … and tune the rest out.

Yea, potentially, it's a recipe for disaster..

Don't care for it either, if she or he really is a relative. 100% weird and awkward

It’s not carrying out a feud if you REACT. Why do we have to go mute on our own damn board?
Way to completely miss the point of what was said. You certainly don't have to. And if that gets your jollies off or makes you feel like your are carrying out your God- given freedoms then knock yourself out. But you certainly are not "winning" when you choose that route. You made a decision that might have made you feel better but it accomplished nothing positive.

Way to completely miss the point of what was said. You certainly don't have to. And if that gets your jollies off or makes you feel like your are carrying out your God- given freedoms then knock yourself out. But you certainly are not "winning" when you choose that route. You made a decision that might have made you feel better but it accomplished nothing positive.
Maybe YOU “miss the point” of this board? We gather to discuss different subjects (like recruiting) concerning this program we passionately follow. I shouldn’t NEED to “make a decision” on responding…pretty self evident. There are no “jollies” involved in the making of this movie…just free will. If you need a mute forum, print up a Word document and stare at it while muttering “winning”…YOUR quote not mine btw.

Maybe YOU “miss the point” of this board? We gather to discuss different subjects (like recruiting) concerning this program we passionately follow. I shouldn’t NEED to “make a decision” on responding…pretty self evident. There are no “jollies” involved in the making of this movie…just free will. If you need a mute forum, print up a Word document and stare at it while muttering “winning”…YOUR quote not mine btw.
Impressive for you to respond again and further prove you don't get it. You are free to discuss everything you want to and respond to everything you want to. Not understanding when it's a lose-lose situation to respond and being smart enough to acknowledge when it does more harm than good is simply a "can't fix stupid" scenario. Rock on with your free will and thinking that the consequences of your actions are either irrelevant or not your problem.

Impressive for you to respond again and further prove you don't get it. You are free to discuss everything you want to and respond to everything you want to. Not understanding when it's a lose-lose situation to respond and being smart enough to acknowledge when it does more harm than good is simply a "can't fix stupid" scenario. Rock on with your free will and thinking that the consequences of your actions are either irrelevant or not your problem.
You’re easily impressed with basic human interaction. Sit on your hands and enjoy the side benefits. Your silence would definitely not be “lose-lose”. 😉

It was a bad idea from the get go for her to come on here. Anytime someone said ANYTHING she immediately jumped on defense and explained how we’re completely wrong about her son🙄
I would too. She is his mother and she knows him better than any of us o anyone else on the internet. No one wins when this kin os back and forth. I like his mother and support what she as written. I can not said that about the other posters on this board.

VN Store

Back