'24 TN DB Boo Carter (Tennessee)

This isn't for you directly, but people can't have it both ways. They can't complain about not getting elite DBs, but also say who cares if an elite DB is swayed elsewhere by his mother having a spat with fans. You and some others keep acting like this has to do with Boo directly. He wasn't on here arguing with anyone. No he won't make or break this class, but if he ends up an All-American elsewhere people will be on here asking how the coaches messed up and let him get away.

I can assure you, in 3-5 years if Boo is balling out and we’re still searching for elite DBs I’m not going to be coming back to Vol Nation and complaining about how I can’t believe Heupel didn’t land Boo. Some people might, but I won’t.

There are a lot of quality DBs out there both in the high school ranks and through the portal. Our ability to land good or elite talent will not be determined by whether or not Boo is a Vol. He is but one possible piece. I just don’t think the spat on this board is as big of a deal as people keep trying to make it out to be. If Boo goes elsewhere, and it actually is because of trolls on a message board, our limited resources and time are probably best spent elsewhere anyway.

Always respect your posts and understand what you're saying. If he doesn't come here there will definitely be people saying that.

If the coaches want him on the hill then I do. Nothing but a fan here.

None of that gives her a free pass for the way she acted on here. The 🎤 drop was grade school! I never interacted or gave her any crap. Some did and it was too much but she brought it on. He will choose how he chooses and the Vols will be ok either way.
I wasn't giving her a pass and didn't take issue with the people responding that she initially addressed directly. That's a grown a$$ woman. My issue was the mob mentality that eventually took hold and the prevailing mindset that what people said to her has no effect on his recruitment. Like I said earlier, Boo wasn't on here and has no control over what his mom says and does, but I can guarantee that she showed him the worst of what was said to her. I can also guarantee that it was shown without full context. If people think multiple fans talking sh!t to a recruit's mom has no impact, they are kidding themselves. Whether she was right or wrong really doesn't matter in regards to the kid.

I can assure you, in 3-5 years if Boo is balling out and we’re still searching for elite DBs I’m not going to be coming back to Vol Nation and complaining about how I can’t believe Heupel didn’t land Boo. Some people might, but I won’t.

There are a lot of quality DBs out there both in the high school ranks and through the portal. Our ability to land good or elite talent will not be determined by whether or not Boo is a Vol. He is but one possible piece. I just don’t think the spat on this board is as big of a deal as people keep trying to make it out to be. If Boo goes elsewhere, and it actually is because of trolls on a message board, our limited resources and time are probably best spent elsewhere anyway.
How many times have we heard that Tee Higgins and Amari Rodgers were in our backyard, and that Trevor Lawrence grew up a Vol fan? That's all I'm saying.

It's all over and done with now. No need to even bump this thread unless there's something specifically related to Boo and his recruitment. We're all Vols here and I don't see any positive in arguing/fussing over any recruit (the majority of us will still be around here whether Boo comes to UT or not). As for myself, I really hope Boo decides to come to the Hill but I believe that will be up to him and the staff. GO VOLS!!!

My thought is you have to accept the good with the bad when coming to these boards. However some content such as the debacle in here would be better served being 86ed well before it gets out of hand like witnessed here. I have had post removed in seconds when dealing with fans here on this board. The fact that this wasn't is baffling. But whatever. Just a thought

I don’t agree with the arguing, with anyone really. But at the same time I also don’t see anything to be gained from the other side either.

What would I gain to argue with fans online of a university that my son is being recruited at? Just seems very childish and avoidable.
A parent defending their kid. All parents I know would do the same.

A parent defending their kid. All parents I know would do the same.
Agreed 100%. I want Boo as long as the coaches want him. I have no dog in the fight but there were bad interactions from both sides. Some were actually complementing her son and got attacked and some fans on here passively encouraged it whether unknowingly or intentionally. Other fans on here had a mob mentality which provoked her as well. Neither should have occurred.

I wasn't giving her a pass and didn't take issue with the people responding that she initially addressed directly. That's a grown a$$ woman. My issue was the mob mentality that eventually took hold and the prevailing mindset that what people said to her has no effect on his recruitment. Like I said earlier, Boo wasn't on here and has no control over what his mom says and does, but I can guarantee that she showed him the worst of what was said to her. I can also guarantee that it was shown without full context. If people think multiple fans talking sh!t to a recruit's mom has no impact, they are kidding themselves. Whether she was right or wrong really doesn't matter in regards to the kid.

So, you were in the room as this happened, or Boo or his mom told you directly? If not, then I think you're overstating the strength of your hand.

PLove in the Cam Seldon thread is the only relative that I have seen be able to navigate the crazy that is the VN RF. I try to warn relatives that it generally doesn't end well, because their son/nephew/cousin will get critiqued on here. Sometimes fairly, and sometimes not so fairly. However, when you see your kin getting spoken about in a negative fashion it can cause folks to feel their family is under attack. When that happens most people respond with more force than is absolutely necessary to defend their family member. Mom's would be more apt to do this than even most others.

PLove in the Cam Seldon thread is the only relative that I have seen be able to navigate the crazy that is the VN RF. I try to warn relatives that it generally doesn't end well, because their son/nephew/cousin will get critiqued on here. Sometimes fairly, and sometimes not so fairly. However, when you see your kin getting spoken about in a negative fashion it can cause folks to feel their family is under attack. When that happens most people respond with more force than is absolutely necessary to defend their family member. Mom's would be more apt to do this than even most others.
Getting compared to a first round pick was kinda unforgiveable.

There should be a course for family members to take that prepares them for what to expect on Volnation after their kid is offered, 😆

So, you were in the room as this happened, or Boo or his mom told you directly? If not, then I think you're overstating the strength of your hand.
What hand? I'm a black man. I know black moms, black women, and personality types. She's a single mother and her and her son are tight. I also never said that the Vols are out of this. For every person that she had a back and forth with on here, there are a thousand that she saw showing love to her son on his visits at Neyland. Boo loves the Vols, but he has other suitors as well. The point I've been trying to make is not to underestimate the impact of stupid, and there was a lot of stupid going on in this thread. I'm done with this topic though.

What hand? I'm a black man. I know black moms, black women, and personality types. She's a single mother and her and her son are tight. I also never said that the Vols are out of this. For every person that she had a back and forth with on here, there are a thousand that she saw showing love to her son on his visits at Neyland. Boo loves the Vols, but he has other suitors as well. The point I've been trying to make is not to underestimate the impact of stupid, and there was a lot of stupid going on in this thread. I'm done with this topic though.
Correct. It was stated that her and her son would enjoy the process (as they should). The Vols are still one of their top choices, and possibly still at the top.

So, no guarantee, a word you used not once but twice in your previous post. You just "know people". There's a HUGE difference there.

VN Store

Back