'24 TN DB Boo Carter (Tennessee)

I'm a CCS grad and I've seen him play in person. Obviously, he's a smooth athlete and can dominate much of his competition on either side of the ball, but defense seems to be where he's most natural and it also may be the quickest path to playing time at UT. Either way, excited to see how he contributes if he chooses to be a Vol!

I speak for many CCS grads who went to CCS at a time when we didn't even HAVE a football program: the thought of Boo playing for the Big Orange would be an incredible sight to see!

We NEED more playmakers on defense in the worst way.

Heupel will find a way to make the offense effective no matter whose lined up at WR.

We’re literally a great defense away from being dominant.

This. Heup could get you and me 25-30 catches in a year. And I may outweigh Banks.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Alontae Taylor was an elite cornerback who played his high school football in Tennessee and was just was drafted into the nfl - so it’s NOT been a while as you stated in your post. He never played receiver at UT and was a quarterback in high school IIRC.
Alontae started out at receiver at UT and made the switch and learned cornerback in college. He didn't play DB in high school whereas Boo does and is already elite. So again Boo may be the first elite In-State DB recruit that we've gotten in a while even though he can and does play both sides of the ball.

Last edited:
Remind us of AT’s career receptions at UT? He started his first game at UT at corner back opposite of Thompson. He also played some db in high school along with being the qb on offense. But hey - just keep trying to create a narrative where you aren’t wrong.

Remind us of AT’s career receptions at UT? He started his first game at UT at corner back opposite of Thompson. He also played some db in high school along with being the qb on offense. But hey - just keep trying to create a narrative where you aren’t wrong.
Lol...it's out there as common knowledge that he started off at receiver at UT lol.

"But he'll give up calling plays in college. Taylor has committed to Tennessee, where he was recruited as a wide receiver.

"Taylor, a four-star prospect by 247Sports, is the No. 4 prospect in the state by the 247Sports Composite and No. 4 wide receiver in the country."
Alontae Taylor is walking, talking proof that even the best plans can change for the better. When he started his Tennessee football career a little more than two years ago in January 2018, Taylor envisioned himself starring on offense for the Vols as a playmaking wide receiver, but midway through his first spring he was moved to cornerback by Tennessee coach Jeremy Pruitt."

"Taylor admitted he never thought he would wind up as a defensive back in college. The reality is he basically hated the idea of playing defense. But he bought into Pruitt's vision, swayed by the impressive list of defensive backs Tennessee's coach had developed and put into the NFL, and flipped the switch on his whole mindset."

He made the switch after practicing at receiver and part of that was out of necessity because of our lack of DBs and partially cuz he projected to be a good DB because of his athleticism. He didn't come right in and start playing DB.

Last edited:

AT never caught an offensive pass at UT - don’t recall him ever taking an offensive snap. Was 100% db at UT.

Go Boo! Play for the home boys!

No one said he caught a pass during a game at UT, I said he started off at receiver when he arrived to campus. Which he did. Seems like you're changing the narrative. Clearly the report said he changed positions mid-spring practice (which many of us already knew) aludding that he started off practicing at WR lol. It was talked about frequently during AT's time as a freshman that Pruitt changed his position. According to you, you said he always played DB which was inaccurate. He didn't come to campus playing DB right off the bat. He switched during mid-Spring and start learning DB then. This even came out of AT's own mouth.

I guess you didn't really follow practice reports.

Last edited:
No one said he caught a pass during a game at UT, I said he started off at receiver when he arrived to campus. Which he did. Seems like you're changing the narrative. Clearly the report said he changed positions mid-spring practice (which many of us already knew) aludding that he started off practicing at WR lol. It was talked about frequently during AT's time as a freshman that Pruitt changed his position. According to you, you said he always played DB which was inaccurate. He didn't come to campus playing DB right off the bat. He switched during mid-Spring and start learning DB then. This even came out of AT's own mouth.

I guess you didn't really follow practice reports.
Dude - show us a single snap where he lined up at wr and I’ll agree with you. But, he started at corner back for 4 straight years. Nothing more to talk about.

Dude - show us a single snap where he lined up at wr and I’ll agree with you. But, he started at corner back for 4 straight years. Nothing more to talk about.

Sir, we're not talking about in games...we're talking about when he arrived to campus. I've already shown proof that he came in practicing at receiver before being moved to DB. Even his current NFL team knew this. You're either in denial or just don't like being wrong/corrected. I'm not arguing with you or being condescending, but your statement isn't accurate.

Another quote from Alontae:

"Coach Pruitt always asked me, how many receivers did I see in the league that are my size (6 feet, 199 pounds). With my physicality, he felt like if I wanted to go to the NFL, playing corner would give me the best opportunity with that.

"I thank him for seeing something in me that I didn't see in myself, but also pushing me each and every day to become the best corner that I could within the short period of time that I had in college."

Moving from receiver to defensive back pays off for New Orleans Saints draft pick Alontae Taylor

Back to Boo! I'm really hoping we land him.

Last edited:
No matter what happens in this recruitment…
This guy has the coolest name in the 24’ class.
Like it’s pretty much guaranteed by the SEC football God’s he’s gonna go for 1,000 receiving yards his freshman season, or pick off like 5 passes if he’s at DB with his name alone.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back