'24 TN DB Boo Carter (Tennessee)

He can attend but can't play sports immediately. There is a mileage limit based on his residence. I want to say 20 miles. Without a change of address, he is not eligible at Brainerd just because that was his original zoned school. I assume Brainerd and CCS are within 20 miles of each other?
I read the eligibility requirements and see nothing about mileage.

Two things are likely in effect here. He was disciplined at former school. So long as CCS drops the discipline case and would technically allow hin to return he could compete at his locally zoned public school.

Secondly, they'll surely also apply for a hardship waiver. I'm semi-familiar with that process because I went through it. CCS AD could drag their feet on that as mine did (and USC did to Bru) and make the process take months.

I was technically wrong about the private school to public thing. Nothing about that - only boarding schools to public school you're zoned for (so long as you attended the boarding school for more than a year and weren't disciplined).

But I know athletes who transferred to private, started the school year then went back without punishment. Not sure if they had to do hardship waivers or not, but they were legitimate issues (one was thrown in a trash can and pissed on his first week at the school because he was Muslim).

Screenshot_20221110-151917_Drive.jpg20221110_152100.jpg

He can attend but can't play sports immediately. There is a mileage limit based on his residence. I want to say 20 miles. Without a change of address, he is not eligible at Brainerd just because that was his original zoned school. I assume Brainerd and CCS are within 20 miles of each other?
If that is true, shouldn't the kid in Baylor to Bradley Central example from an earlier poster been eligible, then?

Reactions: Smokey19rt
If that is true, shouldn't the kid in Baylor to Bradley Central example from an earlier poster been eligible, then?
Based on what I read yesterday in the bylaws, if you're transferring out of a boarding school you have to go to the school you're zoned for and you have to have been at the boarding school for >12 months iirc. The poster indicated the parents couldn't find a job in the area for the kid to qualify for Bradley, and Baylor is a a boarding school.

Reactions: cncchris33
Based on what I read yesterday in the bylaws, if you're transferring out of a boarding school you have to go to the school you're zoned for and you have to have been at the boarding school for >12 months iirc. The poster indicated the parents couldn't find a job in the area for the kid to qualify for Bradley, and Baylor is a a boarding school.
Don’t you think that you’d have to board at the school? Day students at schools who also have some boarders would be treated like any other private school day students I would think

Baylor has plenty of day students

Don’t you think that you’d have to board at the school? Day students at schools who also have some boarders would be treated like any other private school day students I would think
I didn't make the rule but the bylaws are public. There was no qualification for whether or not the student was boarded at the boarding school, just that the student attended a boarding school. Unless it's specified in a separate section about what constitutes a boarding school.

Reactions: walkenvol

VN Store

Back