'19 TN CB Maurice Hampton

Gillespie was the primary recruiter for Hurd, Kamara, Kelly, Jordan, CFA, Kongbo, Chandler and Banks. Weinke wasnt even the primary recruiter for Gray. That was David Johnson.

Why would you want Hardesty? Does the fact that he played RB in college have anything to do with it? Or is it solely because he is a former player and can recruit?
Banks?

Reactions: KBVol
It ain’t like we aren’t trying:

View attachment 185881

A lot of folks complain about not getting the instate talent. They evaluate and get the ones they thing are good. By continuing their recruitment of Hampron shows that this staff are not biased by state affiliation but evaluate based on talent and need. Hampton must be listening because they continue to recruit him. All the while he FINDS TIME to visit Ole Miss and other schools while he's committed.

Reactions: ChiTownVol
Definitely not Banks. Tennessee got in late on Banks, after Jones was fired, and ONLY because Pruitt made him a priority. Until then, neither Gillespie nor any other Tennessee coach has anything to do with Banks. I think the recruiting services list Gillespie and assume Gillespie was his recruiter because he was the position coach. Pruitt was the guy who recruited Banks to come to Tennessee.

Well ... cross Maurice Hampton off the board for Tennessee. The 4-star LSU cornerback commit said he will not OV with Tennessee in January. Has told the staff he appreciates them recruiting him but thanks but no thanks.

-simonton
Good, now they can stop wasting their time on him. Glad he told them that the way he did. Very respectful young man.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Good. I didn’t want him here.

Seems like a wasted scholarship since he probably goes MLB. Too risky.

We would just get the scholie back.

Flowers our frosh safety is also a MLB prospect.
I think it was good to try with Hampton, but will Burrell,Taylor, and Thompson, we're not looking to shabby. Perhaps DJ James or Elam sign with us...

We would just get the scholie back.

Flowers our frosh safety is also a MLB prospect.
I think it was good to try with Hampton, but will Burrell,Taylor, and Thompson, we're not looking to shabby. Perhaps DJ James or Elam sign with us...
You would get the scholarship back but not the initial counter if he signed an NLI or financial aid papers.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Flowers is not the same level MLB Prospect as Hampton....

"Hampton is one of only four players named an Under Armour All-American in baseball and football, joining Kyler Murray, A.J. Brown and fellow 2019 prep outfielder Jerrion Ealy. Named Mr. Tennessee Football at the Division II 3-A level this fall, Hampton not only is one of the Draft's top outfielders but also a four-star cornerback ticketed to play two sports at Louisiana State if he doesn't turn pro. The most athletic prospect to come out of Tennessee in years, he could be the state's first prep first-rounder since Mike White in 1986.

Like most athletes who star in multiple sports, Hampton needs refinement on the diamond, but his huge upside could make the patience that will be required in his development worth it. His right-handed swing could get smoother but still generates impressive bat speed and exit velocities, giving him the potential for 25 or more homers on an annual basis if he makes enough contact. He struggled against quality pitching early on the showcase circuit last summer but continually improved and gave a glimpse of what he might be if he focused on baseball.

Hampton has dynamic tools beyond his raw power. He's also a well above-average runner who can make an impact as a basestealer and a defender. He definitely has the quickness for center field and also flashes plus arm strength that will enable him to play anywhere in the outfield."

MLB Scouting grades: Hit: 50 | Power: 50 | Run: 65 | Arm: 55 | Field: 55 | Overall: 50

"Hampton is one of only four players named an Under Armour All-American in baseball and football, joining Kyler Murray, A.J. Brown and fellow 2019 prep outfielder Jerrion Ealy. Named Mr. Tennessee Football at the Division II 3-A level this fall, Hampton not only is one of the Draft's top outfielders but also a four-star cornerback ticketed to play two sports at Louisiana State if he doesn't turn pro. The most athletic prospect to come out of Tennessee in years, he could be the state's first prep first-rounder since Mike White in 1986.

Like most athletes who star in multiple sports, Hampton needs refinement on the diamond, but his huge upside could make the patience that will be required in his development worth it. His right-handed swing could get smoother but still generates impressive bat speed and exit velocities, giving him the potential for 25 or more homers on an annual basis if he makes enough contact. He struggled against quality pitching early on the showcase circuit last summer but continually improved and gave a glimpse of what he might be if he focused on baseball.

Hampton has dynamic tools beyond his raw power. He's also a well above-average runner who can make an impact as a basestealer and a defender. He definitely has the quickness for center field and also flashes plus arm strength that will enable him to play anywhere in the outfield."

MLB Scouting grades: Hit: 50 | Power: 50 | Run: 65 | Arm: 55 | Field: 55 | Overall: 50
I once played an UA All-American in travel ball. He pitched a shutout and hit a grand slam off of me. He was so far beyond everyone else on the field it wasn’t funny. I got a hit though so I guess I can be proud of that lol

Ryan Weathers?

I once played an UA All-American in travel ball. He pitched a shutout and hit a grand slam off of me. He was so far beyond everyone else on the field it wasn’t funny. I got a hit though so I guess I can be proud of that lol

I played against Sonny Gray and Mike Minor... good times... lol

Reactions: 2xVol
Lol, I’m a lot older now than I was then. Yet those dudes are still in MLB shape... my body would probably fall apart if I tried to do half the stuff I use to do.
I get it...... my baseball career has improved since HS........only in my head! That’s what I meant 🤪

Faced Alex Fernandez (ex Yankee/marlin)in HS. Honest to goodness, I almost crapped my self. 0-3. 2k’s and a weak dribbler back to him.

I get it...... my baseball career has improved since HS........only in my head! That’s what I meant 🤪

Faced Alex Fernandez (ex Yankee/marlin)in HS. Honest to goodness, I almost crapped my self. 0-3. 2k’s and a weak dribbler back to him.

Lol I remember seeing Sonny grays fastball for the first time.... (first time seeing over 90 at the plate) right down the middle... looked over at my coach and he looked at me and said “better choke up...” 😂 fouled it off 3 times and then he got me looking on a curveball.... I was the lead off. He pitched to 9 batters that game and they sat him (we couldn’t touch him) we got smoked and he only threw for three innings.... (three up three down three times, 😭)

Reactions: peaygolf

VN Store

Back