'19 TN CB Maurice Hampton

Visiting this weekend...

DB Maurice Hampton

Hampton, a four-star prospect from Memphis University School, has been committed to LSU since July 2016. But he’s still being pursued by a handful of other teams, including Tennessee, and he’s now planning to take an official visit to Knoxville this weekend, visiting the Vols for the first time as a recruit. Pruitt’s staff has made him a high priority since extending an offer to him in December, and he previously has made plans to visit Tennessee at least twice this year but failed to make the trip both times. Hampton, a two-sport standout, plans to play both baseball and football at LSU, and the Tigers’ baseball program is one of the reasons it might be tough for another team to steal him away. But he’s still exploring other options.

-Callahan

Maurice Hampton is an LSU commit, and has been since July 2016, but he is now planning to visit Tennessee officially this weekend. Jeremy Pruitt has gone after this one hard since taking over the job in December. He will be a tough flip, like most are, but this is one to watch.

-Chad Simmons

Be a big get. That's why I was hoping LSU would fall flat on their face this year but they have turned a corner.

I mean we all knew it was a long shot.

Just hate we didn't really get a chance.

Hope he plays MLB baseball...

Seriously, just stop with this kid. Reward doesn't seem to justify the time and resources. His interest is obviously very low.

I would guess the only reason they might keep recruiting him is because he hasn’t actually visited many places. Based on 247, he has been to OM a couple of times this year, but that’s an hour away. He officially visited UF in August, and he hasn’t been to LSU since March. He doesn’t really unofficially visit except for OM being close. He will either not visit places anymore or start more official visits after his season.

I would guess the only reason they might keep recruiting him is because he hasn’t actually visited many places. Based on 247, he has been to OM a couple of times this year, but that’s an hour away. He officially visited UF in August, and he hasn’t been to LSU since March. He doesn’t really unofficially visit except for OM being close. He will either not visit places anymore or start more official visits after his season.
Sounds like the action plan of a kid who either isn't concerned about choosing a college because he's going MLB, or a kid who is satisfied in his decision with LSU.

Last edited:
Reactions: LaagerVol
I read somewhere that he's the 27th ranked player for the MLB draft. If so, he gone. Sorry LSU.

Is he going the baseball route? Just wondering if that's why he didn't sign yesterday?

VN Store

Back