'21 TN CB Kyndrich Breedlove (Ole Miss commit)

I’d rather have this kid than Turrentine tbh. AT is just athletically limited and I feel this kid has a higher ceiling

Honest question What are Turrentine's limitations and do you think Breedlove and Huey are comparable or better prospects ?

Honest question What are Turrentine's limitations and do you think Breedlove and Huey are comparable or better prospects ?
AT just doesn't have elite speed or athleticism. As far as instincts and knowledge of the position, he's probably the best DB in the state. I'd be lying if I said I didn't think he could help us.

But Huey especially and Breedlove are much more athletic. With coaching up from JP and DA, I think those 2 have a much higher ceiling because of their superior athletic ability.

Reactions: #Vol4Life1991
AT just doesn't have elite speed or athleticism. As far as instincts and knowledge of the position, he's probably the best DB in the state. I'd be lying if I said I didn't think he could help us.

But Huey especially and Breedlove are much more athletic. With coaching up from JP and DA, I think those 2 have a much higher ceiling because of their superior athletic ability.
Personally, give me instincts and knowledge over pure athleticism, with none of the above.
Hard to teach instincts.

Personally, give me instincts and knowledge over pure athleticism, with none of the above.
Hard to teach instincts.

Yeah I hear ya! But at Cornerback most time the are in some form of man coverage. I want my best athlete for for that. I think Turrentine will be perfect at the star position with some weight gain. Personally I’ll be rooting for him no matter where he goes because he a good kid and from TN.

Reactions: peaygolf

Thanks .. this makes sense

Reactions: benholt06
Hard to teach instincts.
Most of the big time SEC DBs have a nice combo of both. Plenty of guys with great instincts playing Division II.

Most of the big time SEC DBs have a nice combo of both. Plenty of guys with great instincts playing Division II.
Yep. Agree.
But, if it’s just a pure athlete, with no real knowledge or instincts, I don’t want (Grimes) I want pure players, that make plays.

Not much risk in taking them this early. Can always hand them the git down the line.

Harder to do to in state kids where you’re working to build relationships with coaches still. Telling a kid to look elsewhere, especially late, can burn bridges.

Edit: oh you were probably talking about the UGAs or LSU’s accepting the commitment now. My bad. Disregard

Reactions: GojiraVol17

VN Store

Back