'22 TN CB Kody Jones (Michigan commit)

I personally haven’t witnessed him giving up many plays. I wonder how much he’s given up compared to other top corners
He's borderline "elite" imo. All corners get beat from time-to-time... just ask the Bama & Georgia corners who were torched by Tillman. If we were a championship contender and had more publicity I think Taylor would be strongly considered for All-American.

Haven’t noticed? What? I see him getting burnt or turned around every game.
Other than the Ole Miss game, where he played almost the entire game with an injury and was noticeably limping between plays, I haven't seen him get beat either.... not saying it doesn't happen, but it seems to me that he's playing extremely well.

Haven’t noticed? What? I see him getting burnt or turned around every game.
Our defense gives up a lot of plays. If he's giving up a couple per game...then that isn't a lot. He's certainly not the one offenses seem to pick on. I see Flowers on the screen a lot. I see Beasley a lot. I see Burrell getting beat several times. By comparison...I don't see Taylor as much.

There’s been some dialogue between Kody and both Jordan James and Horton at Oakland. Kody is testing the waters with recruiting them to UT. As a coach at the school, I don’t think they will flip but seems like goods news for the good guys regarding Jones.
Out of curiosity, why is Jordan James wanting to go to Georgia where they already have a crowded RB room? I mean, is he wanting to sit his first couple of years and save himself the wear and tear? Or is he just that confident he'll earn early playing time? Georgia is working with a stacked deck at the position.

Reactions: norrislakevol
There’s been some dialogue between Kody and both Jordan James and Horton at Oakland. Kody is testing the waters with recruiting them to UT. As a coach at the school, I don’t think they will flip but seems like goods news for the good guys regarding Jones.

Excited about Jones likely joining the class. I don’t think James would flip at all and that’s okay - I like Justin Williams. I keep forgetting all about Horton. Not sure what the story is there

Excited about Jones likely joining the class. I don’t think James would flip at all and that’s okay - I like Justin Williams. I keep forgetting all about Horton. Not sure what the story is there

Honestly, I’d take Williams to go with Sampson and be done at RB. I like Williams more than James and at least as much as Hayden. I don’t get the feeling the staff was high on Horton.

Honestly, I’d take Williams to go with Sampson and be done at RB. I like Williams more than James and at least as much as Hayden. I don’t get the feeling the staff was high on Horton.
That's the impression I had, as well. I thought we stopped recruiting him toward the end before his commitment. Seems like we chose Nimrod over him, IIRC.

Reactions: NighthawkVol
Didn’t Nolen go to UT this past weekend as well…. That has to be at least a decent sign.
None of his family or those who accompany him on his visits went with him on his visit last Saturday and he left at halftime of the game with little if any interaction with Coaches.I will be surprised if he follows through with his scheduled Official visit.If he does visit when Kody Jones ( close friend ) does in early December,then I will have a different view on his interest in Tennessee .Right now I do not think he has much interest in Tennessee especially since he has some strong links with many Texas A&M recruits and is in fact actively recruiting for A&M as I type this.

None of his family or those who accompany him on his visits went with him on his visit last Saturday and he left at halftime of the game with little if any interaction with Coaches.I will be surprised if he follows through with his scheduled Official visit.If he does visit when Kody Jones ( close friend ) does in early December,then I will have a different view on his interest in Tennessee .Right now I do not think he has much interest in Tennessee especially since he has some strong links with many Texas A&M recruits and is in fact actively recruiting for A&M as I type this.

I’m really starting to despise these TN kids.

That's the impression I had, as well. I thought we stopped recruiting him toward the end before his commitment. Seems like we chose Nimrod over him, IIRC.

Nimrod is faster than Horton. Ran a 4.5 during a private workout with the coaches. I guess they like his size/speed combo, and you never pass up a guy with elite speed like White, or the play making ability of Cameron Miller. Maybe Tennessee is just full at WR with better prospects?

Reactions: lenoxvol

VN Store

Back