'20 TN CB Keshawn Lawrence (UT SIGNEE)

This guy and Gilbert have been on the top of my '20 wish list for a couple years now... I really think this kid will work his way into a junior-exit NFL R1 shutdown corner... especially with a DB coach like Pruitt to learn from. Ultimately, time will tell... but I'd shed a single tear if we didn't keep this one home.

Pruitt doesn't need to build a wall around the state... but he does need to shut down other colleges taking prospects like this one off his board.

This guy and Gilbert have been on the top of my '20 wish list for a couple years now... I really think this kid will work his way into a junior-exit NFL R1 shutdown corner... especially with a DB coach like Pruitt to learn from. Ultimately, time will tell... but I'd shed a single tear if we didn't keep this one home.

Pruitt doesn't need to build a wall around the state... but he does need to shut down other colleges taking prospects like this one off his board.

He's a must get for sure. I think he's a Safety or WR. Very good runner with the ball in his hands.

Yeah. It has nothing to do with where he's from...a lot more about what kind of prospect he is. As it should be.

That he's from TN... Bonus. Hope we get him.

Reactions: SugarCC
The 6-foot-3, 192-pound Lawrence admitted his relationship with Fair — who parted ways with Tennessee on Feb. 8, just two days after National Signing Day — “was probably one of the main reasons why I enjoyed Tennessee so much.” Derrick Ansley, the Vols’ new defensive coordinator and defensive backs coach, spent plenty of time with Lawrence during Saturday’s visit, and Lawrence said he’s “starting to get that bond back” with Tennessee.

“It was imperative that I had to try to have the same bond with Coach Ansley that I did with Coach Fair, so that’s who I talked with the most,” said Lawrence, who’s ranked the No. 92 overall prospect and No. 5 safety in the 2020 class, according to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite. “He was just trying to catch up on things, asking me about my personal life, asking me where I see myself playing. And he was just trying to break down film with me a little bit. He told me about himself, everywhere he’s been and what he can do.”

Lawrence said he’s now talking with Ansley “once or twice a week.” He got to know Ansley even better during Saturday’s visit, and Lawrence said he “for sure” could envision himself playing for Ansley. “He’s a real cool guy, real thorough,” Lawrence said of Ansley. “He’s legit. I talk to a lot of their coaching staff,” Lawrence said. “Tee Martin is over my area. He recruits my area, but I talk to him and Coach Ansley about the same (amount). “I’m starting to get that bond back. I mean, I’m already cool with everyone else (at Tennessee). It’s just the fact that I’ve got to get that feel back again because I hadn’t been there in so long.”

He admitted Tennessee “was always, like, a top” choice in his mind. After Saturday’s visit, he said, “it’s pretty much the same.”
The Vols still are one of the teams recruiting him hardest, too. He said Miami, Ole Miss, Tennessee and LSU are among the schools talking with him most often. Lawrence also mentioned Clemson before adding that he’s “not so much” hearing from the Tigers frequently.

A scheduled trip to LSU on Saturday, he said, is the only additional visit he currently has planned. He said the Vols “definitely want me to come back up soon,” but he’s not sure exactly how soon he might visit Tennessee again. For now, he said he’s “still” not sure exactly when he might be ready to announce his college choice. But he added that he “probably” will wait until closer to National Signing Day in February

VN Store

Back