'20 TN CB Keshawn Lawrence (UT SIGNEE)

Would be nice to get him on campus March 2nd with what appears to be a major recruiting weekend for us.
He's a must get for this class. Thompson and Taylor is going to be a great duo over the next few years and Burrell, Fields, and Solomon will give them some solid depth, but they need a corner that's 6'2-6'3 that is able to cover some of the bigger receivers in the SEC. I was really hoping they would've been able to land Watson or flip Travis Jay from FSU. Hopefully the staff will be able to land this guy though

??????
Phillip Fulmer
Reggie White
John Henderson
Al Wilson
Reggie Cobb
Jabari Greer
Cedric Wilson
NICK REVIEZ!

Now list all the players from other states and see how it stacks up.

Very small % of the greats were from TN. And I am not sure I would put Cedric Wilson on that list above.

Reactions: BucksnortVol
Tee and Ansley need to camp out at Ensworth. Stat!

all is well the change in coach/recruiter won't be a factor. He really won't have a hard time getting reacquainted with Ansley from the days of visiting Alabama and of course Tee will be included in his recruitment which could seal the deal early. Right now he is in love with basketball and is out there making crazy highlight dunks, etc. This kid is an amazing athlete and a high priority for CJP and staff.

all is well the change in coach/recruiter won't be a factor. He really won't have a hard time getting reacquainted with Ansley from the days of visiting Alabama and of course Tee will be included in his recruitment which could seal the deal early. Right now he is in love with basketball and is out there making crazy highlight dunks, etc. This kid is an amazing athlete and a high priority for CJP and staff.

Awesome. I really think we need this kid and McDonald both.

Think we lead? I always kind of figured Clemson would be tough to beat, but that was just based on comments made a good while back.

Think we lead? I always kind of figured Clemson would be tough to beat, but that was just based on comments made a good while back.

not sure but as far as I know things are pretty open, but I know he really likes UT and had a pretty good relationship with T. Fair. Ij think honestly Ansley will get it done here. Its still very early though, so we'll see where this one goes.

Very small % of the greats were from TN. And I am not sure I would put Cedric Wilson on that list above.
Psycho Ced was the man! Andrew Lott...Dennis Rogan...Bill Duff....I can go on and on

Awesome. I really think we need this kid and McDonald both.

I'm not really sold on McDonald like most good prospect, but not as smooth as I like a Cb to be. I don't really care about the instate stuff like most ppl as long as guys go to school and are treated right. I want UT to be UT again. If a guy is from Anchorage, Alaska and can play I'll help the best way I can to get them here, and likewise for CJP and staff

Last edited:
I'm not really sold on McDonald like most good prospect, but not ass smooth as I like a Cb to be. I don't really care about the instate stuff like most ppl as long as guys go to school and are treated right. I want UT to be UT again. If a guy is from Anchorage, Alaska and can play I'll help the best way I can to get them here, and likewise for CJP and staff

The bold text above is the kind of in-depth analysis only VolNation offers...eat your heart out Rivals and 247.

I'm not really sold on McDonald like most good prospect, but not as smooth as I like a Cb to be. I don't really care about the instate stuff like most ppl as long as guys go to school and are treated right. I want UT to be UT again. If a guy is from Anchorage, Alaska and can play I'll help the best way I can to get them here, and likewise for CJP and staff
@bignewt approves this message

Reactions: bignewt
Psycho Ced was the man! Andrew Lott...Dennis Rogan...Bill Duff....I can go on and on
Andre Lott; and Bill Duff is from New Jersey.

Also, can't have a list of all-time great Vols, from the state of TN, and not include Doug Atkins and Johnny Majors on it.

Still, the list, while having some great in-state legends on it...it doesn't compare to the greats we have landed from other states.

Last edited:

That Tennessee list is pretty weak. No Jason Witten, Johnny Majors, Bobby Majors, Trey Teague, Chad Clifton, Bob Johnson, None of the Colquitts, Curt Watson, Andy Kelly, Gerald Riggs Jr, Johnnie Jones, Ramon Foster, Doug Adkins, John Boynton, Larry Seivers, Austin Denney, Bill Bates, Mike Cofer just to name a few. Yes, its not near all of the greats and wont compare to the other states but Knoxville is less that 120 miles from about 5 states so they are always going to recruit NC, SC, Va, GA regularly and have alot of players from those states.

I'm not really sold on McDonald like most good prospect, but not ass smooth as I like a Cb to be. I don't really care about the instate stuff like most ppl as long as guys go to school and are treated right. I want UT to be UT again. If a guy is from Anchorage, Alaska and can play I'll help the best way I can to get them here, and likewise for CJP and staff

I've not really seen his hip fluidity or his transition during his backpedal in his film but I like his ability to read and react and I like his length. Also seems to have good speed. Hopefully he'll continue to develop and be a good option for our '20 class if he wants to come.

@bignewt approves this message
WanVacantEwe-small.gif

I've not really seen his hip fluidity or his transition during his backpedal in his film but I like his ability to read and react and I like his length. Also seems to have good speed. Hopefully he'll continue to develop and be a good option for our '20 class if he wants to come.

Ben he also benefited from the DL an Woody so we'll see how things go for him whether positive or negative. I think he's a good player ij don't know his ceiling as of right now.

Don't disagree. But even I'd like to keep the elite talent home...
I would too of course, but I quit getting upset about it. Seemed like the press tried to make it out that Tennessee's recruiting class was a dismal failure if we didn't land what they deemed was the #1 player in TN even if we got the #1 player from 2 other states. I just stopped worrying about it.

I would too of course, but I quit getting upset about it. Seemed like the press tried to make it out that Tennessee's recruiting class was a dismal failure if we didn't land what they deemed was the #1 player in TN even if we got the #1 player from 2 other states. I just stopped worrying about it.
Welcome to the dark side.

That Tennessee list is pretty weak. No Jason Witten, Johnny Majors, Bobby Majors, Trey Teague, Chad Clifton, Bob Johnson, None of the Colquitts, Curt Watson, Andy Kelly, Gerald Riggs Jr, Johnnie Jones, Ramon Foster, Doug Adkins, John Boynton, Larry Seivers, Austin Denney, Bill Bates, Mike Cofer just to name a few. Yes, its not near all of the greats and wont compare to the other states but Knoxville is less that 120 miles from about 5 states so they are always going to recruit NC, SC, Va, GA regularly and have alot of players from those states.
After all these lists, no one has said Derek Barnett.

VN Store

Back