'20 TN CB Keshawn Lawrence (UT SIGNEE)

So you’re seeing safety?

yes because he's a guy that can go hash to hash and operate as an eraser at Safety vs being a one side of the field guy a CB. We have CBs galore that are young and what they need know is cerebral guys at Safety that can call coverage on the field and also operate as an eraser/ center fielder that can cover a lot of ground similar to Deon Grant.

Eric Gray looked really good, I agree. The ones I named with Bennett and Gray is all I can think of. Oh I did see Trey Smith pancake a guy. I feel like the move back to guard helped him.

Trey is an NFL 1st rd talent at OG. His only issue going forward will be his health issues. I said this on here a long time ago and I got crucified. Cade Mays and Trey are both pro OGs. There's just a difference in a OT and OG body.

Trey is an NFL 1st rd talent at OG. His only issue going forward will be his health issues. I said this on here a long time ago and I got crucified. Cade Mays and Trey are both pro OGs. There's just a difference in a OT and OG body.
I agree with you on all points. I think most people myself included wanted us to finally have a dominant LT and thought Trey was it. He is definitely an elite guard.

Henry T played well for his first time out. Thought Kivon Bennett showed good burst around the edge.

But yea, not a lot to get excited about.

Henry T was not to blame. Bituli going down last minute was a pain in the side. When you don't practice being the play caller on defense and watching alignments its hard as a true freshman to walk out there and just do it naturally. Ga St recognized this and exploited it in the 2nd half. For the coaching staff it was a true learning experience that didn't look very good at all.

Henry T was not to blame. Bituli going down last minute was a pain in the side. When you don't practice being the play caller on defense and watching alignments its hard as a true freshman to walk out there and just do it naturally. Ga St recognized this and exploited it in the 2nd half. For the coaching staff it was a true learning experience that didn't look very good at all.
Dang. Bituli gonna play vs BYU?

If you look at some of the plays in second half, he had a few plays that he was looking around as he was tracking the runners but he is a young player.

I will give you Bennett. Henry T played well early in run defense. After we scored our 14 he along with the rest of our defense looked slow and lost.

I’m going out on a limb and saying Henry T had a solid game for a first time Freshman in Neyland Stadium. I had little issue with his performance. Definitely played good enough to beat a borderline FCS team. Almost nobody else did was the problem.

Reactions: T Dog
I’m going out on a limb and saying Henry T had a solid game for a first time Freshman in Neyland Stadium. I had little issue with his performance. Definitely played good enough to beat a borderline FCS team. Almost nobody else did was the problem.
He played well early in the game later on he was taking poor angles and missed a couple of tackles. Not saying it was his fault he wasn't ready to be out there for that whole game. He will be fine. Definitely is talented and will only get better. Jmo

Reactions: SmokinBob
yes because he's a guy that can go hash to hash and operate as an eraser at Safety vs being a one side of the field guy a CB. We have CBs galore that are young and what they need know is cerebral guys at Safety that can call coverage on the field and also operate as an eraser/ center fielder that can cover a lot of ground similar to Deon Grant.

What’s your thoughts on current recruit. Our guys doing a good job? Also, any player in your camp that the coaches should be looking at?

Reactions: de1conley
What’s your thoughts on current recruit. Our guys doing a good job? Also, any player in your camp that the coaches should be looking at?

The recruiting is OK i don't particularly car for OL/DL recruiting and I think too much focus on DBs. RB recruiting has been very average also. The thing is time and winning will fix it all. The one recruit i feel the staff is missing out on is our OT from Mobile, Ala Brady Ward. He is a legit OT and a road grader. This team lacks real OTs which is why they still attempt to play Jamir ad Trey at the OT position last and some this year.

The recruiting is OK i don't particularly car for OL/DL recruiting and I think too much focus on DBs. RB recruiting has been very average also. The thing is time and winning will fix it all. The one recruit i feel the staff is missing out on is our OT from Mobile, Ala Brady Ward. He is a legit OT and a road grader. This team lacks real OTs which is why they still attempt to play Jamir ad Trey at the OT position last and some this year.
Is there any hope for this season

You don’t like Baron, Hardy and O Thomas? Agree we need more options at T. Wanya and Darnell are really it and we don’t have any in this class

Thanks for your input bud!

You don’t like Baron, Hardy and O Thomas? Agree we need more options at T. Wanya and Darnell are really it and we don’t have any in this class

Don't hv a problem with those 2 on DL but we need more than them. O. Thomas not against or for, but who's to say he or the 2 DL guys you named will come? Then what on to like tier 3 or 4 guys. We need dawgs asap and pass rushing head huning fools. We need to pay both Smalls whatever it takes. We need impact guys who play suicidal foorball and don't gaf about putting it all on the line. The thing is fake super recruiting won't get them but the BAG will. Integrity doesn't win football recruiting or games big time players do.

Is there any hope for this season

I don't know, we still have OL/DL issues. We pull our best RB and make fake cute excuses as to why it happened but leave a qb in who gives away Christmas gifts. Not knocking JG but geezus how can you pull Chandler who was the catalyst of the offense and say we have to protect the ball but leave JG in who telegraphs INTs. I have confidence in Chaney on offense and CJP on defense but the ship is sinking and has to be righted ASAP. I believe we will need 4 years to be back 100% and more Lyle recruits need to be purged to progress but this is just my opinion. Had a conversation with Swain, Buck, Al, and a few others we plan on making an appearance in the locker room. These kids just don't get It or what it takes to be a VOL. I will say this and there are former players and current and former employees who are VFLs who are saying CPF is tryna pull a fast one and get back to HC. I hope this has no merit and is just talk because it just wouldn't be a good look for him being all the sabotage of the former AD talk and other stuff going on. It was said that there is a lil distrust with the HC and AD. We definitely don't need that both need to focus on learning their job roles and helping to restore the program.

I don't know, we still have OL/DL issues. We pull our best RB and make fake cute excuses as to why it happened but leave a qb in who gives away Christmas gifts. Not knocking JG but geezus how can you pull Chandler who was the catalyst of the offense and say we have to protect the ball but leave JG in who telegraphs INTs. I have confidence in Chaney on offense and CJP on defense but the ship is sinking and has to be righted ASAP. I believe we will need 4 years to be back 100% and more Lyle recruits need to be purged to progress but this is just my opinion. Had a conversation with Swain, Buck, Al, and a few others we plan on making an appearance in the locker room. These kids just don't get It or what it takes to be a VOL. I will say this and there are former players and current and former employees who are VFLs who are saying CPF is tryna pull a fast one and get back to HC. I hope this has no merit and is just talk because it just wouldn't be a good look for him being all the sabotage of the former AD talk and other stuff going on. It was said that there is a lil distrust with the HC and AD. We definitely don't need that both need to focus on learning their job roles and helping to restore the program.

CPF puts a much larger finger print over the entire athletic department now. I do not think he is going to trash his legacy for a dastardly, or haphazard attempt at becoming the HC again. He can do more for the University with less risk in the position he is in now. He can help right the ship in many other ways than coaching. CPF has already proven he is willing to do what is needed to make the football program a success. I think he will continue to do that.

I routinely have students that are with me to learn how to properly prepare for their career in a live environment. While I am in the background with an ever watchful eye, it is so much easier for me to see when a mistake is about to be made. When a student is in the moment, they do not always see the big picture as easily as I do. The severity of the mistake determines the quickness of my / our intervention, if so needed. Some instances require immediate intervention as to not cause harm to anyone else, others are minor and lead to the student having to do more work to learn how to remedy the issue. Other issues are of no harm, but could potentially lead to harm in the future if they are not identified and can be simply discussed. I see CPF and CJP's relationship to be somewhat similar to the students and mine.

I will finish with a quote that was once shared with me and I now share with my students; "Experience, it is what you needed right before you got it!"

VN Store

Back