'20 TN CB Keshawn Lawrence (UT SIGNEE)

thats fine and all if you consider our defense measurably better than the competition they've faced. no evidence to suggest we are.

Your point is valid, but how Bryant might perform against UT's defense really had nothing to do with my comment. My only intent was to point out that you were comparing Bryan't QBR after facing 5 suspect defenses (including 4 OCCs) to Shumer's QBR after the latter had gone through a full season's SEC schedule. If Bryant is still hovering around a 159 QBR at the end of this season then well done, but he was extremely inconsistent passer at Clemson. FTR, I think Mizzou is the 2nd toughest game left on UT's schedule (assuming Bryant is not out with injury) because our young defense hasn't show it can contain a running QB. Plus, because Odom seems to be following the Pinkel philosophy of RSing linemen, Mizzou is almost always made up of most veteran players on the lines who have 3-5 years of development and being in an SEC-level S&C program. They will be a tough matchup.

Reactions: LittleVol
Your point is valid, but how Bryant might perform against UT's defense really had nothing to do with my comment. My only intent was to point out that you were comparing Bryan't QBR after facing 5 suspect defenses (including 4 OCCs) to Shumer's QBR after the latter had gone through a full season's SEC schedule. If Bryant is still hovering around a 159 QBR at the end of this season then well done, but he was extremely inconsistent passer at Clemson. FTR, I think Mizzou is the 2nd toughest game left on UT's schedule (assuming Bryant is not out with injury) because our young defense hasn't show it can contain a running QB. Plus, because Odom seems to be following the Pinkel philosophy of RSing linemen, Mizzou is almost always made up of most veteran players on the lines who have 3-5 years of development and being in an SEC-level S&C program. They will be a tough matchup.

I agree mizzou is the second most unwinnable game on the schedule (assuming bryant plays) for all the reasons you mentioned. ive caught a couple hours of mizzou games on tv this year and it just looks like this system fits him better, or he's more comfortable for whatever reason. might just be the level of competition, but who knows.

I agree mizzou is the second most unwinnable game on the schedule (assuming bryant plays) for all the reasons you mentioned. ive caught a couple hours of mizzou games on tv this year and it just looks like this system fits him better, or he's more comfortable for whatever reason. might just be the level of competition, but who knows.

I have to admit I have not seen a lot of Mizzou this season other than some of their opener against Wyoming, where he did not look particularly comfortable, but it was his first game in Dooley's offensive scheme, so will give him a pass. I do think Dooley can probably maximize his talents, but need to see how he does against some of the better SEC defenses.

I have to admit I have not seen a lot of Mizzou this season other than some of their opener against Wyoming, where he did not look particularly comfortable, but it was his first game in Dooley's offensive scheme, so will give him a pass. I do think Dooley can probably maximize his talents, but need to see how he does against some of the better SEC defenses.

I think he's settled in a bit. and while im curious to see how he does against more stout sec defenses, the point is almost moot as it pertains to us, given we're not in that category. my initial point was that he's not going to have to be 2018 shurmer to beat us (or at least score a bunch of points on us). he pretty much just has to be average, and the rest takes care of itself. i don't think that's the situation with scar, missst, vandy, or uk, though.

They have one heck of an OC... wonder if he'd make a good HC... :p

Reactions: Geaux_Vols
If he scheduled to OV South Carolina? Key word I see is ‘could’.
South Carolina also continues to recruit Nashville (Tenn.) Ensworth four-star safety and Tennessee commitment KeShawn Lawrence, who is friends with Grimes. The 6-foot-1, 197 pounder could take an official visit to Columbia the weekend of November 23. As of Monday, the Gamecock staff was still working to finalize the plans with Lawrence, who is considered the nation's No. 5 safety and the No. 2 player overall in the state of Tennessee according to the 247Sports Composite Rankings.

If he scheduled to OV South Carolina? Key word I see is ‘could’.
isn't that kind of a key word for most prospects? i mean there's a lot of prospects that "could" take OV's to TN still......lol.

honestly, i can't worry about KL, i think he's probably still very much in the boat here. and if anything, may have something to do with ultimately landing Grimes.......jmo

Reactions: secking
isn't that kind of a key word for most prospects? i mean there's a lot of prospects that "could" take OV's to TN still......lol.

honestly, i can't worry about KL, i think he's probably still very much in the boat here. and if anything, may have something to do with ultimately landing Grimes.......jmo
Yeah, that as my point, sounded like SC was just hopeful that he would visit.

Reactions: jakez4ut

VN Store

Back