'20 TN CB Keshawn Lawrence (UT SIGNEE)

Just another way of saying he dropped. If his new number is greater than it was previously, he dropped. They can spin it however they want.

Oi vay. I'm talking drop as in evaluated lower. Don't be so literal lol.

How would you suggest it work? Apparently you have an idea for a ranking system that allows some to rise, yet keeps everyone else the same # as before? lol this isn't rocket science

How would you suggest it work? Apparently you have an idea for a ranking system that allows some to rise, yet keeps everyone else the same # as before? lol this isn't rocket science
Im not attacking you, I'm attacking the recruiting sites. They do a lot of the spinning and not enough thorough explaining (mainly b/c they fake player evaluators) about their reasoning behind the volatile change in player rankings (particularly in the offseason).

How would I suggest the high school recruiting system would work? Here's a couple ideas off top....

-Let's have retired scouts evaluate high school players.
-Let's do away with the "nfl draft predictions" evaluations.
-Stop letting the universities/coaches pay these sites to influence a guy's ranking.
-And most importantly, let the real rankings reflect in-game evaluations and not some random shirt/shorts camp.

My theory as to why there is drastic player movement in the offseason is b/c they dont know what to look for in game tape. So they mainly rely on camp stats to justify their bias of a player (positively or negatively). I've seen plenty of fanbases clap back about a guy's film not matching his ranking while having a so so camping offseason. And these sites just spill some scripted BS response OR they don't say anything at all.

Im not attacking you, I'm attacking the recruiting sites. They do a lot of the spinning and not enough thorough explaining (mainly b/c they fake player evaluators) about their reasoning behind the volatile change in player rankings (particularly in the offseason).

How would I suggest the high school recruiting system would work? Here's a couple ideas off top....

-Stop letting the universities/coaches pay these sites to influence a guy's ranking.
-And most importantly, let the real rankings reflect in-game evaluations and not some random shirt/shorts camp.

My theory as to why there is drastic player movement in the offseason is b/c they dont know what to look for in game tape. So they mainly rely on camp stats to justify their bias of a player (positively or negatively). I've seen plenty of fanbases clap back about a guy's film not matching his ranking while having a so so camping offseason. And these sites just spill some scripted BS response OR they don't say anything at all.
Yes, especially the NFL draft predictions.

No, I just meant in reference to KL's situation. His number went down by 3. So 3 guys jumped him. I don't see any way around this if you want to move people up...there is no numbering system that will avoid others having to lower.

Don't see why anyone cares about it, re: Lawrence.

49 spots from HB was an actual re-eval, so I get that.

But I appreciate the thought that went into your post. I think having ex-scouts is an excellent idea.

Last edited:
Well, they obviously re-evaluated 3 other players that they now think is better and didn't re-evaluate him even though he did so well. So somehow in all that, it is not good for him when it should have been.

He solidified his very high ranking from what they said. Most guys have a ceiling that is not #1. I mean, if he did well in 10 straight camps and they bumped him every time with no ceiling, he'd be #1 before long. Clearly they don't believe he belongs any higher.

😂🤣 At this point it is getting hilarious..if guys still put any stock at all into 247 rankings of our recruits...then they have inhaled a few too many times..
Their composite is the best because it's an average of all rankings. I don't know anyone who takes the base 247 rankings as gospel, unless it's to brag that "we got a 4-star" when 247 has them as a 4-star and Rivals has them as a 3-star. Everything I've seen on here for our team ranking uses the composite.

Reactions: Devo182
He solidified his very high ranking from what they said. Most guys have a ceiling that is not #1. I mean, if he did well in 10 straight camps and they bumped him every time with no ceiling, he'd be #1 before long. Clearly they don't believe he belongs any higher.
Right. He did as well as they thought he could. They already had their mind made up on how high he could go. Others did better than they thought they could so they went higher, or they went to teams they think will be really good so they look better and will be drafted higher which will make them look good. So basically what we have been saying....

Kick the eggheads out and hire actual coaches.

🤔 posted on his snap “ did I make the right decision “

Attachments

• 097B90CB-8A76-4597-A8E2-A54EDCB8239E.png
    097B90CB-8A76-4597-A8E2-A54EDCB8239E.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 310

VN Store

Back