'20 TN CB Keshawn Lawrence (UT SIGNEE)

Thoughts from Nashville Opening Regional...

Mays, Baron and Lawrence were all a part of the group in town for the paint ball event Saturday at Tennessee. The in-state trio loved the “change up” from a traditional visit weekend. Jeremy Pruitt apparently got popped in the head. Tennessee is likely to do the event again for prospects next month, perhaps at night. Lawerence earned an invite to the Opening Finals after posting one of the better SPARQ scores, clocking a 4.59 at 195 pounds, jumping 39.5 inches and a 3-cone of 4.06 seconds — all scores in the 99th percentile. He's developed a quick rapport with Derrick Ansley.

- Simonton

wait. was already a dog fight i thought?

On the torturous apparatus known as the Elliptical this morning. As my mind drifted off, I recalled seeing a TN fan holding a sign at Lady Vol Regional Game simply saying 'Home Sweet Home', (fortunately the thought quelled the vitriol and frustration of 8 seasons wasted in one 90 minute **** show)...then it hit me. No, not the morning movement...perhaps a reason why we haven't landed any big fish so far....

and certainly an answer to how we're going to close out the recruiting season on a high note? Answer is simple. Easy to forget. You cant replicate this in a video...only way is to be there.

Really want this kid. Reminds me of Joejuan Williams who we missed out on. Will be 6'3 215 with a low 4.5 forty

Really want this kid. Reminds me of Joejuan Williams who we missed out on. Will be 6'3 215 with a low 4.5 forty

I've followed middle Tn football closely for the last 20 years. At this stage, I would compare Keyshawn to J. Ramsey than Joejuan Williams. This kid has up tapped potential, the only thing that can stop him is him.

Says he will probably wait until after his season to commit. Also, needs to see it "click" for the Vols on the field this year.
The above tells you all you need to know about Lawrence. He's not a Vol unless we (subjectively) "click" according to his likes. So, if Clemson, AL, or GA revists his situation, and tells him commit now or go fish; he'll be gone quicker than you can say"click".
Lawrence and Grimes would, IMHO, both already be gone except that their preferred schools haven't extended committable offers. And I hope they don't get those offers. I hope they wind up as Vols.

The above tells you all you need to know about Lawrence. He's not a Vol unless we (subjectively) "click" according to his likes. So, if Clemson, AL, or GA revists his situation, and tells him commit now or go fish; he'll be gone quicker than you can say"click".
Lawrence and Grimes would, IMHO, both already be gone except that their preferred schools haven't extended committable offers. And I hope they don't get those offers. I hope they wind up as Vols.

It is nice that he's taking the wait-and-see approach instead of ruling us out immediately.

That whole group is now saying they may commit before their season or after. But if one commits this summer, others might follow. There's no urgency-- they know they have a spot and they think why not have fun and take their visits.
Who do you feel good about

VN Store

Back