'20 TN CB Keshawn Lawrence (UT SIGNEE)

That's my nickle back. Next season should look like this.
CB1~ Bryce
CB2~ Alontae/Art Green
Star~ Lawrence/ Buchanan
SS~ Tank
FS~ Theo/ Alontae

Fwiw i believe when we get another stud corner in the program(Art Green) then AT will move to FS. Just don't think he's a long term corner, probably would be a elite FS though.

Shamburger returns next year. Given that he’s played the Star position better than anyone has in a long time, that job is his until someone shows he’s better. And that ain’t Baylen Buchanan, even if he is back. And I doubt he will be.

I like the idea of Alontae playing Safety, though. Gets our best players on the field. Here’s a lineup I’d like to see:

CB: Thompson/Green
CB: Burrell/George
NB: Shamburger/Lawrence
S: McCollough/Jackson
S: Taylor/Flowers

Last edited:
I got several texts and DMs and the recruits can't stop talking about how crazy the atmosphere was tonight in Neyland. Said the crowd was obnoxiously loud and crazy. One top 50 recruit said this was the single best environment he has seen in over 20 UV/OVs in 3 years and he has been everywhere from clemson to Bama to aTm to USC and just think the stadium was only 90% full.

I got several texts and DMs and the recruits can't stop talking about how crazy the atmosphere was tonight in Neyland. Said the crowd was obnoxiously loud and crazy. One top 50 recruit said this was the single best environment he has seen in over 20 UV/OVs in 3 years and he has been everywhere from clemson to Bama to aTm to USC and just think the stadium was only 90% full.
I feel like nowhere compares to Neyland stadium when the Vols are whipping some A**

Top 50 composite?

Nigel is an Elite athlete. He’s finally putting it all together.
I can't argue his combo of size, strength and speed combined isn't elite, but go back to the INT vs Bama and getting just flat out outrun on SC's first play of the game and you can definitely see he isn't the fastest guy out there most plays but he plays hard and he hit's hard and that's what I like about him. Dude is good and to say he isn't elite fast isn't taking anything away from his overall game or being disrespectful, kid plays like Cam Chancellor out there

I can't argue his combo of size, strength and speed combined isn't elite, but go back to the INT vs Bama and getting just flat out outrun on SC's first play of the game and you can definitely see he isn't the fastest guy out there most plays but he plays hard and he hit's hard and that's what I like about him. Dude is good and to say he isn't elite fast isn't taking anything away from his overall game or being disrespectful, kid plays like Cam Chancellor out there
Watch the replay. Warrior nearly fell down when he turned to chase the receiver.

Watch the replay. Warrior nearly fell down when he turned to chase the receiver.
Why did Nigel try to go to the outside when dude was running a slant toward the middle of the field? and still wouldn't have caught him if he didn't immediately tackle him.... if Thompson can't catch him you can bet neither will Nigel... you're focusing too much on the negative though, what I said was mostly positive

He was out of position and almost fell down. Which is a mistake. He’s not slow.

Shamburger returns next year. Given that he’s played the Star position better than anyone has in a long time, that job is his until someone shows he’s better. And that ain’t Baylen Buchanan, even if he is back. And I doubt he will be.

I like the idea of Alontae playing Safety, though. Gets our best players on the field. Here’s a lineup I’d like to see:

CB: Thompson/Green
CB: Burrell/George
NB: Shamburger/Lawrence
S: McCollough/Jackson
S: Taylor/Flowers

I wonder if Pruitt will give Alontae the option to move back to WR next year. Wasn't he upset about moving to defense in the first place, or am I mis-remembering that?

He stumbled as Smith was coming across the middle on his route and there was no way he was going to recover and rundown a quick WR. Not to mention safeties aren't typically as fast as WRs. They just need to be physical and smart with their angles.

Who's the top 50 recruit?

VN Store

Back