'20 TN CB Keshawn Lawrence (UT SIGNEE)

I told you all just relax this is a hard situation to blow. He loves UT and Ansley will get it done.

Were you at the combine last week? One of my buddies brought a couple of Cincy kids down there. He told me the two most impressive '20 prospects he saw were Lawrence and the lineman from Ravenwood. Seems like he's flown under the radar big-time.

Were you at the combine last week? One of my buddies brought a couple of Cincy kids down there. He told me the two most impressive '20 prospects he saw were Lawrence and the lineman from Ravenwood. Seems like he's flown under the radar big-time.
Simonton was really talking up the Ravenwood kid. Committed to Duke. Graham Barton, Ravenwood, Offensive Tackle

Reactions: Montrell Hardy
I was wondering that too. I don't feel particularly good about landing him. Some of the OSU talking heads have said the family is split on where he should go and the one side wants him at OSU badly.
That is kind of what I have seen as well via people who live in Nashville/Knoxville it appears.

So the OSU stuff is bs?

He seems to like them. That whole group wants to take their visits and have some fun, so he'll probably go back to OSU, Auburn, VT and some other schools. IDT Baron or any of the in-staters are a slam dunk to UT right now. But I don't get the impression we're losing ground, either. The negative recruiting isn't helping, but that's how some programs recruit.

He seems to like them. That whole group wants to take their visits and have some fun, so he'll probably go back to OSU, Auburn, VT and some other schools. IDT Baron or any of the in-staters are a slam dunk to UT right now. But I don't get the impression we're losing ground, either. The negative recruiting isn't helping, but that's how some programs recruit.

I would be very surprised if Baron did not sign with UT, he did not move to Knoxville just because he had a burning desire to transfer to Knox Catholic.

The OSU stuff is coming from his brother and uncle in Nashville. If they can't get him to go to VT, they'd probably like to steer him away from UT. He moved away from his mother's side of the family and is with his father now. If he thinks OSU is the best fit, he could go there. But IDT his mother's family will be the deciding factor on where he goes.

The OSU stuff is coming from his brother and uncle in Nashville. If they can't get him to go to VT, they'd probably like to steer him away from UT. He moved away from his mother's side of the family and is with his father now. If he thinks OSU is the best fit, he could go there. But IDT his mother's family will be the deciding factor on where he goes.
Why do they want to steer him away from UT

Reactions: Montrell Hardy
Sounds like the DB from the Chattanooga area a few years ago, older brother really lobbied hard for him to go to OSU - then amazingly Urban gets the brother a job...

Why do they want to steer him away from UT

VT players don't seem to like UT much. I think both his brother and uncle lost to UT while at VT. And IDT UT really recruited his brother, Woody, so maybe he felt slighted. Woody did some big talking before the Battle at Bristol, so that beatdown probably left a bad taste, too. Safe to say-- the brother's not a UT fan.

VT players don't seem to like UT much. I think both his brother and uncle lost to UT while at VT. And IDT UT really recruited his brother, Woody, so maybe he felt slighted. Woody did some big talking before the Battle at Bristol, so that beatdown probably left a bad taste, too. Safe to say-- the brother's not a UT fan.
That’s some petty stuff. If Baron is smart with the coaching talent we have he will stay in Knoxville... smh at his family.

Among the in-state targets, the Vols continue to position themselves well with 4-star safety Keshawn Lawrence. The Ensworth prospect was among the top performers in Nashville, posting an impressive SPARQ score and earning an invite to the Opening Finals. New DC Derrick Ansley has quickly formed a strong relationship with Lawrence.
VQ

VN Store

Back