'24 TN CB Kaleb Beasley (Tennessee)

CB KALEB BEASLEY, NASHVILLE, TENN.

247Sports ranking: No. 194 overall prospect, No. 20 cornerback

Beasley, who's currently the No. 2 sophomore from Tennessee in 247Sports' rankings, is a teammate of Top247 linebacker Edwin Spillman and Vols wide receiver commitment Nate Spillman. The 5-foot-11, 174-pound Beasley has visited Tennessee twice since October after getting an early offer from the Vols' former staff in December 2020. He's now being pursued by more than 20 schools.

-Callahan

There was no particular reason Kaleb Beasley decided to post a picture on his Twitter account Friday afternoon showing him posing in a Tennessee uniform during one of his visits with the Vols. None of Tennessee's coaches stopped at his school this week, and he hasn't visited the Vols since traveling to Knoxville in late January.

But by tweeting the picture, along with a short message, the four-star Class of 2024 cornerback from Lipscomb Academy in Nashville, Tenn., offered an indication of where Tennessee stands in the early stages of his recruitment. Beasley said the Vols are his leader among the more than 20 teams pursuing him, and he plans to visit them again on June 1.

The 5-foot-11, 174-pound Beasley told GoVols247 that Tennessee on Friday night that "(definitely) leads." He has visited the Vols twice since October, and they have caught his attention for multiple reasons, starting with the fact that they're his "hometown" team.

"The fan base is crazy, and I'm cool with every player there," said Beasley, who's ranked by 247Sports as the No. 194 overall prospect and No. 20 cornerback in the 2024 class and the No. 2 sophomore from the state of Tennessee.

Beasley is a teammate of Tennessee wide receiver commitment Nate Spillman and four-star Class of 2024 linebacker Edwin Spillman, a fellow Vols target who's ranked by 247Sports as the state's No. 1 prospect in the 2024 class. Beasley received a scholarship offer from Tennessee's former staff in December 2020, and coach Josh Heupel's staff reaffirmed his previous offer from the Vols almost a year ago

They have continued to make him a priority since then. He has stayed in contact with Heupel's staff over the past several months, and he visited Tennessee for the first time Oct. 9 to attend its home game against South Carolina. The Vols most recently hosted him on Jan. 29.

Asked about his tweet Friday showing him during one of his visits to Tennessee, Beasley said via text message, "I just love it!!"

While he said he's currently in no hurry to decide on a college, he made it clear that the Vols have continued to impress him. During his trip to Tennessee in late January, he said Heupel told him "how they want me really bad."

“We watched some of my film and compared it to, like, the other (defensive backs) that played at Tennessee," Beasley said at the time. "(Defensive backs coach Willie Martinez) just talked about how he’s trying to build a relationship with me and my family, how he wants me and him to get really close. …

“(Heupel) talked about how I’m a really big recruit in the 2024 class, and how they want me really bad, and to just keep working and keep pushing.”

Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Michigan, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Ole Miss, Penn State and Vanderbilt also are among the more than 20 schools that have extended early offers to Beasley.

Once Tennessee gets through this weekend, the attention will turn to next Saturday when they have their first major camp of the summer. That’s when several 24s and 25s will be here to workout for the staff. Demetrius Bell from Blackman will be in town as the staff continues to evaluate him. Bell is long and a good camp could very well see Tennessee turn the heat up on him. Kaleb Beasley will also be in town for that night.
-VQ

I’d be more concerned with his physical profile and speed than hip fluidity at this stage. Willie Mart will take care of the technical stuff.
They are really stiff. Watched Debron eat him up with the same route over and over again on 1v1s at a camp. Someone at Lipscomb Academy college showcase echoed the same to me as well

Reactions: VolByLaw
They are really stiff. Watched Debron eat him up with the same route over and over again on 1v1s at a camp. Someone at Lipscomb Academy college showcase echoed the same to me as well
1) I want to say THANK YOU for bringing on the ground information all the time. I and others appreciate it.

To many of your kind have been alienated by this place and then run away.

With that said- be mindful of what you're actually watching and what setting it's in.

Just turn on the kids film. He's an absolute ball hawk and as complete a CB that has come through the state.

I've said this ad nauseam, about 1 on 1, 7on 7. They are designed for the offense to win.
They literally teach DBs its okay to lose.

Show me a DB that has ever excelled in 1v1 drills without holding.

I remember in high school, 7on7 was just getting popular. Our 5'3 WR that run 4.7, but was quick laterally- absolutely ate up a Mr. Football who was 6'2 190 DB/WR.

Basically these camps are just entertainment. I've personally scouted 2 NFL DBs that never once attended a camp (because of that they had low rankings), and they are both more prolific than your avergage starting NFL CB. One got vote 2 years ago for DPOY, and the other is an all-pro for the Bengals.

Beasley right now is a better "DB" than either were at that stage in their careers.
If this kid keeps progressing and gets to play with a good pass rush, then i would absolutely not be surprised to see him get drafted high.
- plays under control
- stays in the hip pocket
- great balls skills
- optimal size

Last edited:

VN Store

Back