'20 TN CB De'Arre Mcdonald (Ole Miss commit)

MoB_MoVols

EasyMoneySniper
j558af8uus8qip2ukkb4

Oakland
Murfreesboro, TN
6'1

Rivals
HUDL

Last edited:
McDonald came into the event as one of the highest-ranked players so it's not a surprise that he impressed, but he continues to show progression and develop into an elite defensive back. With terrific length and the ability to turn and run, it won't be long before McDonald's offer list catches up with his ranking. McDonald has early offers from Louisville and South Carolina.
-Rivals

Reactions: LittleVol
He's a good football player, not going to blow you away in a T-Shirt and shorts. But just a Baller player. Though he is now ranked higher than Keshawn Lawrence, he's not as good. I've watched both in games and at local camps. I don't know what's up with Murfreesboro recruitment but I have noticed that we haven't landed a single player in the last two or three Recruiting cycles. That needs to improve!

Reactions: swampfoxfan
He's a good football player, not going to blow you away in a T-Shirt and shorts. But just a Baller player. Though he is now ranked higher than Keshawn Lawrence, he's not as good. I've watched both in games and at local camps. I don't know what's up with Murfreesboro recruitment but I have noticed that we haven't landed a single player in the last two or three Recruiting cycles. That needs to improve!

Why?

Reactions: SugarCC
Because they have some sought after talent this year and it's easier to recruit and establish a pipeline where the likelihood of them being Vol fans is higher than it is for them to be fans of the Gumps or Jawja. That's the advantage to instate recruiting in general, they should in theory have a higher likelihood of being Vols fans which makes them easier to get than out of state players which is useful IF they are very good/elite prospects which I think Lawrence is an elite prospect

Watch out for Dajeun Gibson CB/S from Blackman he's a really good player that going to blow up this summer.

Already blowing up with offers from a few D1s Louisville, Miami OH, Liberty, Memphis, Miss St, Arkansas and has been to UT twice recently. I think he will get an official offer soon.

Reactions: VolsVFL
From the adidas East Coast 7-on-7 Invitational in Miami:
McDonald recently added offers from Kentucky and Ole Miss and it's only a matter of time before more major programs join his list. McDonald has elite size and length for a defensive back and his ability to turn and run was on full display against some of the events most talented wide receivers. McDonald, coming of a state championship season as a junior, continues to see his stock rise with performance at major events.
-Rivals

VN Store

Back