'20 TN CB De'Arre Mcdonald (Ole Miss commit)

From with I'm hearing we have rubbed a lot of the in-state coaches and players the wrong way. Players like McDanold a high 4 star recruit should have an offer. I'm hearing that the staff doesn't respect in-state talent. The kids all talk, most are really good friends so it's going to be tough pulling some of the top talents here due to how they have treated others.

I heard the exact opposite.

My sources > your sources

From with I'm hearing we have rubbed a lot of the in-state coaches and players the wrong way. Players like McDanold a high 4 star recruit should have an offer. I'm hearing that the staff doesn't respect in-state talent. The kids all talk, most are really good friends so it's going to be tough pulling some of the top talents here due to how they have treated others.
This post couldn’t be further from the truth... literally the exact opposite coaches love the staff and the only ones that get butt hurt are the ones that don’t want to earn it... get out of here with this crap.

Two words
Double Standard
I'm just saying it's going to be hard to build a program when we can't even get the so called "Easy Recruits" that are in State.

Why do we have to build a program with instate guys? You get the best players you can regardless of where they are from. This obsession of locking down in state recruits is way overblown.

I can guarantee it’s not 😉
If your sources are coaches and players that expect to get an offer just because a recruiting service ranked someone that lives in TN a 4*, would you please explain that respect goes both ways? If our coaches need to see what a player can do at camp, then they should respect their opinion and work for the offer. I get the feeling some of them just want to say that got one so they can make headlines for going somewhere else.

I can guarantee it’s not 😉
Mmmmkk. Pruitt is well liked by a good number of high school coaches. He’s establishing a better persence in Memphis. He’s better liked by a lot of people that steer kids towards other schools in the past.

Pruitt has extended offers to a lot of in state kids that are on the fringe of being SEC players by what they have on tape. Those kids have the chance to earn a scholarship by competing in camps. Tennessee has bent over backwards to get some of these kids in camp to further evaluate them. Also Pruitt has been fairly straight with where they see players; he hasn’t BSed kids and offered them at positions he doesn’t see them playing.

Dooley alienated a ton of coaches with his smugness. Butch actually was liked by several in state but his act got tiresome and his ineptitude showed towards the end. Pruitt has good instate relationships for the most part; he always has even when he was with other programs. But feel free to just throw BS against the wall and hope it aticks

I will never understand why people lose their minds over TN kids.
Because even though some of them are smaller, slower, weaker and have lower football IQ's, they all, every last one of them, will give their all for Tennessee, unlike many five stars from other states who don't work hard at all. I mean, they just have to go to camps to get those rankings, right?

Because even though some of them are smaller, slower, weaker and have lower football IQ's, they all, every last one of them, will give their all for Tennessee, unlike many five stars from other states who don't work hard at all. I mean, they just have to go to camps to get those rankings, right?
only if we gave them the right amount of attention at the right time.

Reactions: drvenner
That used to be true. I am not sure it works that way at all now. Rarely do you hear a Tennessee player say that is why they are even considering Tennessee.

I should have used a blue font.
Actually I am old enough to remember when this was the attitude with some fans that being from the state would make you fight harder for state pride. Even if it were true that pride could overcome a wide gap in talent, I am not sure there is any state pride left.

You wouldn’t mind giving specific examples then right? Give some examples of how he’s rubbed instate coaches the wrong way.

This is not rocket science. Just sit back and watch the best player in the State of TN continue to sign with UGA, Arkansas, Texas AM, Oklahoma, Oregon and Clemson.

This is not rocket science. Just sit back and watch the best player in the State of TN continue to sign with UGA, Arkansas, Texas AM, Oklahoma, Oregon and Clemson.
So? Get the BEST players available that WANT to play for Tennessee. You know, like Darnell Wright the best player from WV that was a top 10 player last year.

While we get the best players from ca (to'oto'o), wv (DW), ga (Morris), & nc (Crouch)? Stop hyperventilating over trying grab every in-state guy. We should get the best player PERIOD (regardless of state).
You are right, this isnt rocket science. So you sit back, shut up, and let pruitt & co. do what they are great at.

Who says the best player in Tennessee is not maybe the 10th best or farther down on who we are looking at. Just because it says Tennessee as were they play make them a take. You will not survive taking just Tennessee kids. No way no how. There are some talented kids do not get me wrong but do you think Alabama or Clemson would be worth a damn taking just those states.

VN Store

Back