'26 TN ATH Tyreek King

I'm almost always cautious of hyping up 8th grader or 9th graders that get college offers.
Or they get awarded freshman all-american or something like that.

Seeing this kid's tape. I have no worries. He's going to be a player that actually improves.
He's lanky, runs a little clumsily, but then you see bursts of speed when he gets his body where it needs to go.
- that means a lot wasted motion (supposed to be that way at 14 years old)
- strength levels not at peak (see above)
- raw speed hard to control (needs training see above)
- probably not done growing ( THIS IS WHAT YOU WANT)

Still not gonna hype this kid too much, but he looks to be as special a skill player
to come out of East Tennessee in a long time. He'll probably UGA, Bama, LSU, Texas offers by the beginning of his junior year.

Reactions: BADGER_VOL
I'm almost always cautious of hyping up 8th grader or 9th graders that get college offers.
Or they get awarded freshman all-american or something like that.

Seeing this kid's tape. I have no worries. He's going to be a player that actually improves.
He's lanky, runs a little clumsily, but then you see bursts of speed when he gets his body where it needs to go.
- that means a lot wasted motion (supposed to be that way at 14 years old)
- strength levels not at peak (see above)
- raw speed hard to control (needs training see above)
- probably not done growing ( THIS IS WHAT YOU WANT)

Still not gonna hype this kid too much, but he looks to be as special a skill player
to come out of East Tennessee in a long time. He'll probably UGA, Bama, LSU, Texas offers by the beginning of his junior year.
Man, I’m trying hard to figure out what you are doing? Everything you just said, is what ANYONE would say about a 14 year old.

Reactions: BADGER_VOL
Man, I’m trying hard to figure out what you are doing? Everything you just said, is what ANYONE would say about a 14 year old.

No. There's more kids maturing quicker than they should these days
Devrin Young
Demetrius Howard
Dorian Banks and many many more.

Stop trying to find ways to criticize me, and actually just try ask where I'm coming from, perhaps.

If you don't like me, then just stop interacting.
I have a life to live and am not going to waste it arguing....

“My first game at UT was Akron for a visit, and I was like, ‘Dang,’” King said. “Ever since, it’s been my dream school.”
“It’s going to be tough to beat them,” he said.
“I liked how Coach was teaching us how they run their plays, their offense — all that type of stuff,” King said. “It was all football, all great talks. He talked about life, too — not just football — about how he can make me a better man in life.

“I liked it. I liked it a lot.”
“I spent a lot of time with him,” King said of Pope. “Got to talk to him more, got to know him a little bit more. I talked to him most — him and Coach Cook. … You can tell when (Pope) keeps it real with you.”
“It’s great,” King said. “I like how they widen out at wideout. It’s amazing to me.”
callahan

Coached HS sports for 16 years and he’s spot on 110%. Idk what you’re replying about.
I’ve been in sports as long as I have been alive. Coached as well. There are thousands of 14 year olds that mature faster than everyone else and then fade when others catch up. Hyping a 14 year old kid is crazy to me. I would say probably half of the kids we had that were stars as a 12-13 year old, were either ordinary players or out of the sport by their senior year.

I’ve been in sports as long as I have been alive. Coached as well. There are thousands of 14 year olds that mature faster than everyone else and then fade when others catch up. Hyping a 14 year old kid is crazy to me. I would say probably half of the kids we had that were stars as a 12-13 year old, were either ordinary players or out of the sport by their senior year.
100% agree. The examples are countless in that age bracket, BUT I’d argue that if you CAN see that the kid is clumsy, weak, and lacking in areas you likely can tell he shows much room for improvement on AND YET he’s already fast as heck (for example), then you can postulate that it’s likely the kid is going to grow into even more athleticism.

VN Store

Back