'26 TN ATH Shavar Young

kid is elite, staff needs to lock this one down by the time he is a junior at least

i said that early just cause he is a hometown kid and so the other big time schools don’t give him too much to think about lol
Being a African- American Knoxville kid, he's going to want to see other places regardless.

Let everyone recruit him and get that "new experience " bug out of his system, by lettinf him visit everywhere. Just to realize everywhere else is far away from his family..

By the time 2025 comes around he'll commit to the good guys.

Being a African- American Knoxville kid, he's going to want to see other places regardless.

Let everyone recruit him and get that "new experience " bug out of his system, by lettinf him visit everywhere. Just to realize everywhere else is far away from his family..

By the time 2025 comes around he'll commit to the good guys.

What an oddly detailed assessment of the situation.

What an oddly detailed assessment of the situation.
It shouldn't be odd.

If anyone from there has paid attention to the sentiment of the black community towards UT football. Love/Hate.

They have love for the Vols, but it's always a bigger deal if a USC, or other good SEC schools come calling. Dennis Rogan was enamored with Miami, but family convinced him otherwise.
Andre Sterling went to ole miss.
Tee Higgins did what he did. There are many other examples.

The point is the AA community in general has the sense of "being trapped ". From East Knoxville to Powell even down to Blount county they carry that feeling.
But we all know Knoxville in general is one of the best places to live in America. In the world for that matter...

It's just a thing. Ironically enough very few ever actually "get out".

Shavar Young Jr. has spent more time at Tennessee than any other school in the early stages of his recruitment. That hasn’t changed recently despite the growing list of major programs pursuing him.

The Class of 2026 athlete from nearby Webb School of Knoxville (Tenn.) visited the Vols again last weekend, spending more time with coach Josh Heupel’s staff and watching Tennessee’s final camp of the year. The Vols have hosted Young multiple times this year, and while he’s in no hurry to decide on a college, he’s already starting to feel comfortable at Tennessee.

“It’s most definitely a place I would come to,” said Young, who has received scholarship offers from at least 22 schools. “They’ll definitely be in my top 10 moving forward. I’m keeping an open mind at this early stage.

Young said he primarily communicates with Vols wide receivers coach Kelsey Pope, defensive analyst Danny O’Rourke, offensive graduate assistant Kody Cook and defensive backs coach Willie Martinez. Tennessee’s coaches talk with Young about “just keeping me home,” he said, adding that they want him to “come up here, keep seeing the campus as much as I can.”
RC

VN Store

Back