'20 TN ATH Reggie Grimes (Oklahoma commit)

Agreed, you have to take this kid based off of where we're at right now. We've taken plenty of projects (not saying he is one) but you almost have to think he could be coached up and be able to help this football team later down the road.
gimmie all the 6'5"/240lb, .95+ and 6.0 rated 4* projects...............lol.

i kinda get it. i mean, kinda. its should have been a mailer to prospects instead of a social post. "recruits, even in our worst stretch of football in 150 years, we are still a big enough market that 3.9m people will tune in to see you play. Just wait until we're good again!"

SC will still have a losing record by Nov 28, is he a take for TN?
Brentwood (Tenn.) Ravenwood four-star defensive end Reggie Grimes took an official visit to Tennessee over the weekend, which was the first time the 6-foot-4, 245 pounder has been on the Volunteers campus since January. A source I spoke with Monday night believes South Carolina remains the team to beat for Grimes’ services coming off the trip to Knoxville. The Alabama legacy is still not believed to be a take for Nick Saban and Co., although the equation could certainly change if he does become a priority for them. As it stands, Florida State, Oklahoma, Vanderbilt are candidates to receive visits from Grimes before he makes his decision on November 28. Grimes is a borderline five-star player in his own right in the 247Sports Composite Rankings and is considered the nation’s No. 3 weak-side defensive end and the No. 1 player in the Volunteer State.

SC will still have a losing record by Nov 28, is he a take for TN?
I really don’t think he’s a take for us right now either. He has several connections to the program as far as friends/teammates that would pull him in imo if we pushed hard for him. I still think he ends up at South Carolina by default.

Reactions: MemphisVol3
Staff is split on him
His dad is asst coach at Ravenwood, correct? Listening to a SC podcast, they mentioned getting Grimes would pay dividends with other prospects at that school. Do you know which 2021-2022 prospects they might be talking about. They also mentioned Joseph Anderson and his father helping with recruiting for them in the area..?

His dad is asst coach at Ravenwood, correct? Listening to a SC podcast, they mentioned getting Grimes would pay dividends with other prospects at that school. Do you know which 2021-2022 prospects they might be talking about. They also mentioned Joseph Anderson and his father helping with recruiting for them in the area..?
JC Shurburtt has confirmed the Joe Anderson stuff. They are close with grimes family. Think they trained together

I really don’t think he’s a take for us right now either. He has several connections to the program as far as friends/teammates that would pull him in imo if we pushed hard for him. I still think he ends up at South Carolina by default.
How in the world would a borderline 5 star in state player at a position of serious need not be a take for us? That seems ridiculous.

VN Store

Back