'20 TN ATH Reggie Grimes (Oklahoma commit)

no, but the same message, repeated over and over again, eventually it sinks in.

those same 18 year olds are getting those same messages about us...so what's the difference, right?
probably so. without relying on ageism to paint broad strokes here, i think TN is getting a heavy dose of negative recruiting. And, rightly so. the Muschamp's, Auburn's, & Clemson's have done well at it for 10 years.

So is TRob but SC’s bad season is fixing to get worse. Already rumors of more decommits and like @SLICKYINC mentioned, it’s year 4 and most of the fans there want him fired. Most of their commits will be fair game come December. I think if UT pushes here even if he commits there for a moment, think he would stay instate.
That’s the power of program stability. We suck this year but other coaches will be fired and we can pick up players that fall through as a result. Great way to build depth until we can win enough to pull in top players

Reactions: Dudley Smith
6-6 seems like the best case scenario for both programs, and yet the perception if that happens for us will be progress, while with SC it will be regression.
Well we were 5-7 in the regular season and they were 7-5. Also it's our coaches 2nd year and their coaches 4th so it should be his first year with all his players.

pruitt is in the middle of year 2 of a massive rebuild, and no one expects us to be great..or even all that good right now. no one really disagrees with this.

Muschamp is in the middle of year 4 and is losing to 2nd tier ACC teams with a new head coach....

this is "the product" under muschamp. and sure, they're better than us right now...but isn't that setting the bar kinda low right now? aren't they supposed to be pushing UF and UGA by now?

and if they lose another game they're not supposed to......................................what then? if not fired this year, it's pretty evident he's on a hot seat now...........

plenty to negative recruit against there.
Beat way to negative recruit Muschimp is to kick his ass.

Another “looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane”. Goodness knows Tennessee has had too many of those. Pass on this guy. FWIW I live 3 miles from Ravenwood & seen him play twice this year.
The rebuttle would be, at least we know hes a great athletes. You got to look like Tarzan to have a chance to play like Tarzan. We've had Jane's who played like Jane the last couple years.

The rebuttle would be, at least we know hes a great athletes. You got to look like Tarzan to have a chance to play like Tarzan. We've had Jane's who played like Jane the last couple years.

I don’t think Tennessee signs any kids who look like Jane. I just don’t think kids who don’t dominate or stand out in a high school game make very productive college players.

Another “looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane”. Goodness knows Tennessee has had too many of those. Pass on this guy. FWIW I live 3 miles from Ravenwood & seen him play twice this year.
I don’t disagree but where not in a position to pass on a kid with Grimes’ upside.

Staff still split on him. Damn. Pass!!!
IDK that theyre split on him. I think we've wanted to see more out of him this year and he hasn't done it yet. He looks like a stud at some of these camps but just isn't much of an impact player on the field. And this is Tennessee high school football. JMO.

IDK that theyre split on him. I think we've wanted to see more out of him this year and he hasn't done it yet. He looks like a stud at some of these camps but just isn't much of an impact player on the field. And this is Tennessee high school football. JMO.
Right they’re split because he’s not that good

dont lie you secretly said to yourself, THIS IS TENNESSEE football, real loud. didnt you?

we

neeed

a

commit.

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
dont lie you secretly said to yourself, THIS IS TENNESSEE football, real loud. didnt you?

we

neeed

a

commit.
We need the right commits. Seems like they’re looking hard at using a counter on a LS. I think Pruitt understands we’re in worse shape as far as depth and talent than we thought going into this season. Grimes seems like a good kid, athletic and well put together; he just seems to struggle with making an impact on the field. This isn’t as highly competitive as Georgia or Florida high school ball and even there players find ways to make an impact. I just never see much with this kid. If he’s not making an impact in the high school what in the hell makes people think he will in college?

Reactions: LittleVol
good stuff. if we were to get all these in state guys, i think it might equate it to what Butch did in that 14 class, the legacy class. i don't think it'll get top 5 worthy, but you could have a pretty close group of guys playing with each other for the next few years and that's not a bad thing.....

i get why folks are split on Grimes, but i don't see how you don't take him, and be happy about it.....

Grimes, Thomas, Hardy, Baron...throw in Henderson and i dont' think you can be unhappy about our DL haul at all.

get the kids from Whitehaven.....and then you're really only looking at Bryn Tucker and Chris Morris as the two that "got away"....and who knows, maybe it's not too late for Morris, though i'd be shocked at this point if he came to TN....

we need to get these guys in the boat.

good stuff. if we were to get all these in state guys, i think it might equate it to what Butch did in that 14 class, the legacy class. i don't think it'll get top 5 worthy, but you could have a pretty close group of guys playing with each other for the next few years and that's not a bad thing.....

i get why folks are split on Grimes, but i don't see how you don't take him, and be happy about it.....

Grimes, Thomas, Hardy, Baron...throw in Henderson and i dont' think you can be unhappy about our DL haul at all.

get the kids from Whitehaven.....and then you're really only looking at Bryn Tucker and Chris Morris as the two that "got away"....and who knows, maybe it's not too late for Morris, though i'd be shocked at this point if he came to TN....

we need to get these guys in the boat.
Agreed, you have to take this kid based off of where we're at right now. We've taken plenty of projects (not saying he is one) but you almost have to think he could be coached up and be able to help this football team later down the road.

VN Store

Back