'20 TN ATH Reggie Grimes (Oklahoma commit)

If he’s playing like a 5* should then sure, but his tape doesn’t seem to show his ranking.

If Pruitt decides he wants him, I’m all for it but he needs a lot of development.

Of course Saban & Dabo can get all the 5*s they want, but if they believe Grimes could challenge some of their players on the roster, they’d be going after him a lot harder.

Bama legacy that still hasn’t committed to Bama by now shows me all I need to know.
If Pruitt wants him that shows me all that I need to know.

Nick Saban and Dabo don’t seem to think so.

And I don’t believe for a second that they’re being “selective”.

He’s simply not that good of a football player right now.
I think he's definitely a high 4*, but definitely not a 5* at this point. Saban and Dabo can afford to go after who they think are high 5* players. Most of the rest would be crazy not to take an athlete like him and develop them.

How do you say a cliche' without it sounding like one?
Saban and Dabo have the rare luxury of skipping any project. I don't have a clue what kind of work he will require but if Pruitt thinks he can fix it, and the athleticism is worth the attempt, no choice but to trust him.

Nick Saban and Dabo can also pick the 5 star for that position that they want to right now. We can't. If Jeremy Pruitt thinks he can turn him into a football player then I want him. He's an athlete. Pruitt is the best defensive coach in the country.
And if he doesn't like to hit then make him that RB that runs to escape hitters.

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
If he’s playing like a 5* should then sure, but his tape doesn’t seem to show his ranking.

If Pruitt decides he wants him, I’m all for it but he needs a lot of development.

Of course Saban & Dabo can get all the 5*s they want, but if they believe Grimes could challenge some of their players on the roster, they’d be going after him a lot harder.

Bama legacy that still hasn’t committed to Bama by now shows me all I need to know.

So if his tape doesnt show 5*, why do the recruiting services have him as one? Just because he is a Bama legacy? Highly doubtful. Also, how does anyone on this board know how hard Clemson and Bama are coming after him?

So because he is a Bama legacy and hasnt already committed, that tells you all you need to know? How do you know Saban hasnt been pushing him to commit but Grimes is torn and doesnt know what he wants? I guess thats not even a possibility huh? The only possibility is is thay Saban doesnt view Grimes as very good right?

Reactions: vols40 and SugarCC
So if his tape doesnt show 5*, why do the recruiting services have him as one? Just because he is a Bama legacy? Highly doubtful. Also, how does anyone on this board know how hard Clemson and Bama are coming after him?

So because he is a Bama legacy and hasnt already committed, that tells you all you need to know? How do you know Saban hasnt been pushing him to commit but Grimes is torn and doesnt know what he wants? I guess thats not even a possibility huh? The only possibility is is thay Saban doesnt view Grimes as very good right?
Bc the recruiting services are wrong.

Grimes has all the tools to be successful in college. That said he just really never passes the eye test on the football field as far as play. Looks great in camps, looks good in drills but just doesn’t look the part on the field.

If Pruitt wants him I’m all for it, he’s got all the athletic and physical ability you could ask for. He has absolutely underachieved on the high school football field though. That’s not hate, it’s not an agenda it’s just the facts. You can see it on tape, you can see it in his stats.

He is a bigger, more athletic Malik Gray (sp?). There is obviously a chance things click and if they do he has a high ceiling. Unfortunately, the percentages tell us that similar players fitting these criteria, at this stage of their football career, usually don't reach that ceiling.

I'm still TBD on him. I don't think the recruiting sites have completely whiffed on him.

I also remember these kinds of statements against Bituli coming out of HS. He turned out really well considering the LB position group as a whole over the past 3 years. So, it's difficult for me to completely write-off a kid that plays TN HS ball.

Yeah l love some TN high school football. And honestly think Little Grimes is a great kid. But watching him play football over the years starting in Middle School, he’s never been an dominant player. It’s hard from me to believe that he’s just need to be “coached up”. Hell his dad is a great coach on the high school level so it’s something else that he’s missing. It looks to me that he plays not to mess up, it’s like he thinking and reacting. IMO

Shows one thing only - Bama has other prospects they like better at DE/OLB. Most of our recruits don’t have a commitable Bama offer. Doesn’t mean they’re void of potential. Can only take 25 a year...Bama can’t sign them all.

Reactions: miket4god
Yeah l love some TN high school football. And honestly think Little Grimes is a great kid. But watching him play football over the years starting in Middle School, he’s never been an dominant player. It’s hard from me to believe that he’s just need to be “coached up”. Hell his dad is a great coach on the high school level so it’s something else that he’s missing. It looks to me that he plays not to mess up, it’s like he thinking and reacting. IMO

Yeah.
It's very obvious. His rankings come from his camp numbers and his physique. When it comes to actually playing football, the drive is just not there.

I don't think he's in Pruitt's top 20 players in their War Room. People have to start seperating this silly star system from reality. No one in the SEC is hard after this kid.
He's a high 3 star based off his physical gifts imo.
Not everybody has it in them to just attack other people over again for 60 mins.

I don't think he's a Vol. I'm not even sure he plays SEC ball after it's all said and done.

Reactions: Orange Swagger
Teams are obviously running away from his side.

I think what may be more of a problem than where he stands on various teams boards is just what is he going to play. I like his size and speed to what Bama used to do with its inside guys, but is he an inside guy for Pruitt in 2020? Is he a TE? I would love to see his offensive tape to see what he would look like attached to the line.

Teams are obviously running away from his side.

I think what may be more of a problem than where he stands on various teams boards is just what is he going to play. I like his size and speed to what Bama used to do with its inside guys, but is he an inside guy for Pruitt in 2020? Is he a TE? I would love to see his offensive tape to see what he would look like attached to the line.
My gut says 6'5", 240 lbs...with a frame that can probably continue to develop.....olb/de

Yeah.
It's very obvious. His rankings come from his camp numbers and his physique. When it comes to actually playing football, the drive is just not there.

I don't think he's in Pruitt's top 20 players in their War Room. People have to start seperating this silly star system from reality. No one in the SEC is hard after this kid.
He's a high 3 star based off his physical gifts imo.
Not everybody has it in them to just attack other people over again for 60 mins.

I don't think he's a Vol. I'm not even sure he plays SEC ball after it's all said and done.
UscE is after him hard

Was he playing left DE or right? If he’s on the left, then he wasn’t blocked, so easy to make that play.

VN Store

Back