'20 TN ATH Reggie Grimes (Oklahoma commit)

Don't think we get rybka. Never felt good about him so why not go after crimes harder

I think they are recruiting Grimes but wonā€™t be bent out of shape if he goes elsewhere. Rybka is an unknown, but you still recruit him hard if you think heā€™s a really good prospect and better than Grimes. UT is certainly a finalist for Rybka, and you keep fighting for him. If he was in California, then you may not fight as hard, but heā€™s right in the middle of Big Orange Country.

I don't fault this staff much but this is repeat of lb from Tennessee last year. Too late to party. And an edge rusher makes you scratch your dang head cause well we have very few and no elite ones except maybe taylor....head scratcher

Elite player who's a Bama legacy. If Bama doesn't take him, you need to ask why. I'd they do, you've wasted your time. Caution is prudent.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
I think they are recruiting Grimes but wonā€™t be bent out of shape if he goes elsewhere. Rybka is an unknown, but you still recruit him hard if you think heā€™s a really good prospect and better than Grimes. UT is certainly a finalist for Rybka, and you keep fighting for him. If he was in California, then you may not fight as hard, but heā€™s right in the middle of Big Orange Country.

Rybka has lots of potential, but the comments about ā€œless pressureā€ and ā€œlaid backā€ sound very much like an Eric Crosby situation. Itā€™s almost like Rybka wants to go to UK because there are less expectations and less fan scrutiny.

On Grimes, which analyst said he sometimes avoided contact? Thatā€™s not a good sign if true

Reactions: JBondVol
Elite player who's a Bama legacy. If Bama doesn't take him, you need to ask why. I'd they do, you've wasted your time. Caution is prudent.
So you are saying, damned if you do ,damned if you don't?

We freaking need 8+ wins in the worst way this year....just crazy

Agreed. Beating Vanderbilt, Mizzou, Kentucky, South Carolina and Mississippi State would do wonders for the Vols on the recruiting trail. Especially, if they remain competitive with Alabama, Georgia, and Florida.

Reactions: MADISONGAVOL
Canā€™t believe someone tried to compare him to bates. Bates was not near as athletic. Your hope with bates was he was cerebral enough to overcome althetic shortcomings and had daddyā€™s heart. He didnā€™t have the want to because after a couple injuries he got in his head that he did t want to end up beat up at an old age like his dad. Canā€™t blame him. Grimes problem is merely he needs a strength program to build his strength up and a coaching staff that can coach him
Numerically/statistically speaking, Bates was off the charts athletic for a linebacker...ran in the 4.5s, about a 40 inch vertical. Saw a video of him doing a backflip from a standstill.

Couldnā€™t say much about his actual performance as a football player, but the kid was super athletic.

Numerically/statistically speaking, Bates was off the charts athletic for a linebacker...ran in the 4.5s, about a 40 inch vertical. Saw a video of him doing a backflip from a standstill.

Couldnā€™t say much about his actual performance as a football player, but the kid was super athletic.
Yep! Problem was his physicality was comparable to a moth.

Whole team was physically and mentally weak. I really wonder what those Dobbs, Kamara teams couldā€™ve done with a real coach. Give Saban that team and what happens with them?

The 2016 team will always be the great ā€œwhat if?ā€ That team couldā€™ve done some real damage with a real coach, Hurd staying, & the injury bug not hitting.

Last edited:
Reactions: BreatheUT and TC 83
The 2016 team will always be the ā€œgreat what if?ā€ That team couldā€™ve done some real damage with a real coach, Hurd staying, the injury bug not hitting.

With a competent coach, we'd likely of been in the playoffs the 2015 season. That team was conditioned and good. Lost 4 close games, blew double digit leads in 3 of them by conservative and scared play calling.

With a competent coach, we'd likely of been in the playoffs the 2015 season. That team was conditioned and good. Lost 4 close games, blew double digit leads in 3 of them by conservative and scared play calling.
That team should've been at least 10-2 if not 11-1. People always talk about the 2016 team, but the one thing I'll never forgive Butch for is the 2015 season.

This is why he was a top 100 player out of high school who never played a meaningful snap.

Reactions: Volator
look for them to continue to ramp up their efforts for Ravenwood pass rusher Reggie Grimes. The Top-100 prospect is super close with Keshawn Lawerence, his dad played at Alabama with Pruitt and Grimes has developed a nice relationship with the rest of Tennesseeā€™s staff. South Carolina is a real threat, but the feeling around folks close to Reggie is that all the Tennessee connections play quite favorably with the family.
VQ

VN Store

Back