'20 TN ATH Reggie Grimes (Oklahoma commit)

According to the Volquest One Microphone Bathroom Podcast its down to us and SC. Apparently its going to take Alabama to straight up tell him "We are not taking you." for him to finally move on to us or SC.
Seems like a phone call would be a little easier. That way he could have focused on the teams that actually want him. But, whatevs.

From Rivals:

Top contenders: South Carolina, Tennessee, Alabama

Recruiting outlook: Grimes, an Alabama legacy, seems to be trending toward South Carolina and the in-state Vols. Both teams have a major need for an edge player like Grimes and his recent visits seem to have gone very well. The Tide could come back into the picture with the likely departure of Eyabi Anoma ,but we’ll see how that plays out.

Farrell’s take: I think he’s Alabama’s if they want him but, the Tide haven’t recruited him as hard as the Gamecocks and the Vols. Right now I would say South Carolina lands Grimes unless ‘Bama turns up the heat.

So it might also mean Pruitt ain’t pushing as hard either?
Hope not. We are in no position to turn away a great, instate athlete like grimes. Even if we start recruiting him hard, SC has connections to Grimes through Joe Anderson. Gonna be a fight

I think Pruitt knows there is a good chance bama is playing games to let others waste time and eventually will offer him last minute knowing he will accept

I think Pruitt knows there is a good chance bama is playing games to let others waste time and eventually will offer him last minute knowing he will accept
We have the time. Recruiting him takes nothing away from other targets.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
I don't fault this staff much but this is repeat of lb from Tennessee last year. Too late to party. And an edge rusher makes you scratch your dang head cause well we have very few and no elite ones except maybe taylor....head scratcher
If you’re talking about the SC freshman, might wanna wait for the “elite” to happen before we implement the mourning process.

If you’re talking about the SC freshman, might wanna wait for the “elite” to happen before we implement the mourning process.

I can't remember I think he went to arky....and butches if you prove me wrong on elite aspect I promise I won't be upset👍

The only thing to do is sign him in the early period. If it goes past that he would just be committed until Bama wants him.

The only thing to do is sign him in the early period. If it goes past that he would just be committed until Bama wants him.
If we shuts it down after the Bama OV we’ll know. As it stands right now, we get the last visit.

I can't remember I think he went to arky....and butches if you prove me wrong on elite aspect I promise I won't be upset👍
Chris Russell? That’s the LB...think we did ok making up for him with Toto...thought you were referencing Joe Anderson with the edge rusher.

I don't fault this staff much but this is repeat of lb from Tennessee last year. Too late to party. And an edge rusher makes you scratch your dang head cause well we have very few and no elite ones except maybe taylor....head scratcher

We will get Baron and Hardy and still want Rybka. My guess is our staff thinks all 3 are better prospects.

Reactions: Cosmo Kramer
Chris Russell? That’s the LB...think we did ok making up for him with Toto...thought you were referencing Joe Anderson with the edge rusher.

No that's him. Look at in peterson. Russell most likely will turn out better than he

VN Store

Back