'20 TN ATH Reggie Grimes (Oklahoma commit)

Bama legacy so if they went after him hard they could probably get him.

Really great athlete but he didnt put up great numbers his JR year. I believe it's been said he had 1 sack his jr year but I am positive. The rebuttle is that his old high school used him as a distraction on defense and this year should be better. I think he looks better on offense than defense going off of his hudl tape.
How is he ranked so high? 7 on 7?

How is he ranked so high? 7 on 7?
I think camps and offers. Just looking at the tape he doesnt look like the 30th best player in the country but there arent going to many recruits out there with his size and atheleticism.

A lot of negativity towards him came after Clemson said he couldn't commit to them. People were making a big deal a school would turn down a 5* or borderline 5* player. This caused people to think he wasnt that good.

Reactions: secking
Thousands? I swear I only ever see the same 14 people posting around here.
So what you’re saying is, you have a Top 14 list. I’m not sure I can respect your decision. Next you’ll be declining to respond to questions referring to them as “interviews”. 🙄

I'm glad we have so many elite talent evaluators on here. Didn't realize there were so many FBS coaches on VN.
I’m guessing this is directed at me, because of my comment. I am not a talent evaluator by any means. My questions are… If he is such an elite talent, then why have Bama and Clemson said no? Also, his lack of production as a junior is eye-opening. I don’t buy them using him as a decoy. I have never heard of any coach using their apparent best player as a decoy the entire season. If he is elite, he will dominate high school competition no matter what.

I’m guessing this is directed at me, because of my comment. I am not a talent evaluator by any means. My questions are… If he is such an elite talent, then why have Bama and Clemson said no? Also, his lack of production as a junior is eye-opening. I don’t buy them using him as a decoy. I have never heard of any coach using their apparent best player as a decoy the entire season. If he is elite, he will dominate high school competition no matter what.
Agreed. Usually one elite player particularly on dline can wreak havoc in high school. I like de1 and respect his opinion and I know when you coach these kids you get a vested interest in their success; I just haven’t seen the production on the field of a five star talent. I will admit he does look to have tremendous upside but his production thus far is concerning. I’ll let the “real” evaluators jump in to scream about why I’m wrong and how big an idiot I am for him not having more production than a kid that we took as a walkon.

I will add I hope he proves me wrong and possibly a change of scenery is just what he needs if people feel he was being utilized wrong.

I will add I hope he proves me wrong and possibly a change of scenery is just what he needs if people feel he was being utilized wrong.
I dont know the kid at all and I hope he has a great college career and makes the NFL. If our coaches thinks he is good enough to be a Vol I will root for him and if he chooses another school the only bad games I hope he has is when he plays the vols.

I think it is possible to be cautious and talk about potiental concerns without being a "hater". I dont think anyone on this board is being disrespectful or claiming to know he will fail at the next level.

Reactions: AngryButchJones
I dont know the kid at all and I hope he has a great college career and makes the NFL. If our coaches thinks he is good enough to be a Vol I will root for him and if he chooses another school the only bad games I hope he has is when he plays the vols.

I think it is possible to be cautious and talk about potiental concerns without being a "hater". I dont think anyone on this board is being disrespectful or claiming to know he will fail at the next level.
It's absolutely possible to do that. Having concerns makes sense and is fine. It's the way some word things on here that go too far or are harsh

\

"Maybe" Clemson passed on him and Alabama has Grimes down their board a bit because Grimes wants to take his recruitment into his senior season. Both schools have loaded up and every position and will be selective from here to signing day. I think this plays favorably for Tennessee . On the other hand , if he goes to Cane Ridge and dominates it will be hard for Alabama to turn him away

VN Store

Back