'20 TN ATH Reggie Grimes (Oklahoma commit)

Reggie and Pruit aren’t all that close trust me. They dont know each other well at all other than being teammates, they didn’t run in the same circle. Reggie homeboy was Shaun Alexander he came home to Nashville with him often. With that being said if Lil Grimes has a commitable offer to Alabama he’s going to Alabama. Lil Grimes has a lot of work to do, he fast very athletic but hasn’t been able yet imo to put it all together on the football field. Right now he’s a better offensive player than defensively. I’m truly rooting for the kid lve known the whole Grimes family very well they are some really good peoples.
Ummmm...this sounds like OD except the player is going elsewhere. Why should we trust you?

Well Fulmer and Chavis told daddy he was a DL but daddy wanted to play RB. Alabama promised him RB..... for a year. Then they moved him to DL.

I recall the story well. This was ‘93 I believe. Reggie Sr was at Fulmer FB camp when I took my son there. We stood in line to register in front a a young man & his mom from Lima Ohio. He ended up winning the Heisman in ‘98.

Reggie and Pruit aren’t all that close trust me. They dont know each other well at all other than being teammates, they didn’t run in the same circle. Reggie homeboy was Shaun Alexander he came home to Nashville with him often. With that being said if Lil Grimes has a commitable offer to Alabama he’s going to Alabama. Lil Grimes has a lot of work to do, he fast very athletic but hasn’t been able yet imo to put it all together on the football field. Right now he’s a better offensive player than defensively. I’m truly rooting for the kid lve known the whole Grimes family very well they are some really good peoples.
When did you move to Nashville, OD?

FWIW, 2018 stats...
  • Reggie Grimes: 48 tackles, 3 TFL, 1 sack
  • Bryan Aiken: 81 tackles, 18.5 TFL, 5 sacks

Not dumping on this or suggesting it means anything but I will say that often times if you put an elite player on one side that requires two blockers, or the opponents scheme against, then the guy on the opposite side benefits.

Not dumping on this or suggesting it means anything but I will say that often times if you put an elite player on one side that requires two blockers, or the opponents scheme against, then the guy on the opposite side benefits.

It usually equals out. It doesnt double the output for the benefactor.

Their stats should looks similar. Its pretty clear one is better than the other

Absolutely true and thought about including that caveat. But as much as Aiken likely benefited from the extra attention on Grimes, his film shows a potent (albeit raw) combination of aggressivness, speed and instinctive football skills that likely played as much if not more of a role in his productivity, IMO.

Lol. If he goes elsewhere, he didn't really have an offer. Aight.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
I get your point but at some point damn I think I would consider giving the guy with 18.5 TFL and 5 sacks a little more attention as far as blocking.

I get your point but at some point damn I think I would consider giving the guy with 18.5 TFL and 5 sacks a little more attention as far as blocking.

Exactly.

I don't care if this dude is ranked #1 in+state for 2020. He has a LONG WAY to go to become a big-time player.

And Bryan Aiken looks just as physically impressive but had much greater production. He probably be re-recruited as a high 4 star had he went juco first.

In short. Aiken is underrated. Grimes may be a bit overrated at this point. Not going to lose my mind if we dont get him. He could be like Terrell Lewis for Bama and become a monster when he gets to college...

IMG_0471.JPG

Benefits? Yes. Clyde Simmons made quite a career opposite Reggie White. DOUBLES the stats? No.

Reactions: LittleVol
Well Fulmer and Chavis told daddy he was a DL but daddy wanted to play RB. Alabama promised him RB..... for a year. Then they moved him to DL.

I recall the story well. This was ‘93 I believe. Reggie Sr was at Fulmer FB camp when I took my son there. We stood in line to register in front a a young man & his mom from Lima Ohio. He ended up winning the Heisman in ‘98.
Ricky Williams won the Heisman in 98, and he is from San Diego.??

Reactions: LittleVol
Ricky Williams won the Heisman in 98, and he is from San Diego.??

Sorry, it was '97 Charles Woodson and his mom stood in front of us. I recall her talking with others about how they'd been to Michigan the week before.

VN Store

Back